Date: 27-04-24  Time: 09:20 am

Author Topic: Power commander 3 VS 5  (Read 5701 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Power commander 3 VS 5
« on: 10 March 2015, 11:26:23 am »
im getting real pissed off trying to get a good power commander 3 on eBay, nobody does buy it now at a reasnable price in the UK and then the bids shoot up right at the end and its a case of wait yet another week.

I may just cut off my nose to spite my face and go full hog and get a PC5 instead.

But is there really much benefit in getting the 5 over the 3 on an old 08 bike like mine and if i do get it will it keep its value more on a resale because it is more Gucci model?
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Power commander 3 VS 5
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2015, 11:43:23 am »
I guess if i had the choice when buying new i would take the pc5 as then if i move  the bike on and buy a later model FZ1s i will take the pc5 off and put it on the new one.

Is pc5 ok on pre 09 models?

You know one will come along in a while, i think i paid £125 for the pc3, easy to fit and hook up to the laptop, but not totally necessary if you ask me,,get an fce fitted and bobs your uncle.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2015, 11:48:48 am »
As slim says im not sure the pc5 works with anything pre 2009. keep hunting.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2015, 11:55:24 am »
I Just went a bit mental on ebay, i spotted loads o pc 5's going rate £280-£300 earth pounds.......but most were listed for later model fz1's.

Then i spy with my little eye one for sale brand new from France....06-11......so yep that future proofs a little bit for a later bike perhaps.

With the current excellent exchange rates with the euro being tits up.....was £227 earth pounds posted

Buy now, buy now, buy now :D

Lets just hope it is what i want coz i dont do French which obviously the description was in :\

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2015, 12:02:49 pm »
Brooker did you not see my other post about you??? :lol

Was it you?

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2015, 12:20:36 pm »
Brooker did you not see my other post about you??? :lol

Which post is that ?? I already had a nice pc3 with some very special custom maps on it.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2015, 12:44:14 pm by brooker81 »

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2015, 12:26:29 pm »
I Just went a bit mental on ebay, i spotted loads o pc 5's going rate £280-£300 earth pounds.......but most were listed for later model fz1's.

Then i spy with my little eye one for sale brand new from France....06-11......so yep that future proofs a little bit for a later bike perhaps.

With the current excellent exchange rates with the euro being tits up.....was £227 earth pounds posted

Buy now, buy now, buy now :D

Lets just hope it is what i want coz i dont do French which obviously the description was in :\

You do know French bikes are restricted by law to 100bhp.......don't know if this will have any effect or if its a French equivalent....but tread carefully buddy

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 March 2015, 02:33:30 pm »
Oh foc BBB :eek .......i hope not mate

I think my bike is an import anyway and ive never seen any mention of power commanders for certain markets so fingers crossed on that one.

Brooker........http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,16204.0.html
« Last Edit: 10 March 2015, 03:06:51 pm by noggythenog »

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 March 2015, 02:36:04 pm »
HAHAHA. It was me. :rollin :rollin

davey boy

• DAS Born Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2015, 09:51:01 am »
Just looked on the dynojet website and it says a PCV part no 22-015 will fit my 07 bike but on ebay listings with the same part no says 09 - 11
Anyone taken the chance before they are about £100 cheaper

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2015, 10:20:04 am »
Just looked on the dynojet website and it says a PCV part no 22-015 will fit my 07 bike but on ebay listings with the same part no says 09 - 11
Anyone taken the chance before they are about £100 cheaper

Not sure, but with the PC3 then the 5vy model that is for the R1 2004 also fits the FZ1 so if it is a case of getting th R1 version and its cheaper then happy days but not sure about the PC5 as i just splashed out in the end.

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 March 2015, 11:00:47 am »
noggy i will swap u my pc3 for your bellypan. Oh wait hang on ive got one now. :rollin

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 March 2015, 03:42:27 pm »
noggy i will swap u my pc3 for your bellypan. Oh wait hang on ive got one now. :rollin

:evil :evil :evil .......brooker...it's about time you got a bandit......ya bandit!

What bike are you gonna get next anyway???

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 March 2015, 06:13:30 pm »
Noggy, have you got one of these?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZ1-FZ1S-Fazer-IVANS-Fuel-Cut-Eliminator-FCE001-/181687860562?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4d70bd52

aye aye mr slim.....got one o those bad boys......but heres a daft question......how do I know it is working...was on the bike when I got it....im guessing my bike wouldn't run whatsoever if the fce wasn't working???

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 March 2015, 06:59:55 pm »
Tis a good question that Noggy, there is no way of knowing,,,at all  :lol :lol

You certainly are not the first to ask that question,,,i put mine on and felt no difference at all,i had already got the PC3 fitted so maybe some of the flat spot problems were already sorted, so the fce did not stand out.

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 March 2015, 08:00:28 pm »
Tell u what noggy when I'm in Wales this year you can have a go of mine see if u can tell maybe ?? I never rode the bike without the mods so don't have any idea on how you tell tbh. Did the owner who sold u the bike not tell u any info on mods fitted ? Or was he a straight up bullshitter?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 March 2015, 08:30:42 pm »
Tell u what noggy when I'm in Wales this year you can have a go of mine see if u can tell maybe ?? I never rode the bike without the mods so don't have any idea on how you tell tbh. Did the owner who sold u the bike not tell u any info on mods fitted ? Or was he a straight up bullshitter?

straight up bullshitter basically.....all done by his mate who was previous owner bla bla....oh it is full on he says yeh the fce just makes it full on.......I shoulda walked away but id just spent 8 hours in the train and I was focced..didn't have a return ticket and was in the middle of Manchester with a wad o cash in my pocket & desperate for another bike....note to self...never do that again...."stupid boy Pike"...buy local or from a stealer next time.

appreciate the offer of a spin......sadly im working when you're down, might be able to take a quick spin up on the evening but depends on how light and sunny things are looking as I usually don't get home til half 6 and Cardigan is a good 40 minutes....well 30 on the bike.
« Last Edit: 11 March 2015, 08:36:03 pm by noggythenog »

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 March 2015, 08:41:36 pm »
There is a simple way of checking if the FCE is working.

Get the rpm to 8k+, fully close the throttle & then reopen the throttle. If it hesitates or there's snatchiness it means the throttle bodies are dry & either the FCE is faulty or not fitted. Believe me, on earlier models it makes a huge difference over stock.

The pcv fits all model years & it adds or subtracts fuel by percentage so I can't see why they'd make a one specific to French restricted bikes.
Just checked, yes it's the same model number.

The FZ1 I sold Mr B will eat a stock bike for breakfast, there's no comparison  ;)

Hope that helps

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 March 2015, 09:22:00 pm »

Get the rpm to 8k+, fully close the throttle & then reopen the throttle. If it hesitates or there's snatchiness it means the throttle bodies are dry & either the FCE is faulty or not fitted. Believe me, on earlier models it makes a huge difference over stock.

The pcv fits all model years & it adds or subtracts fuel by percentage so I can't see why they'd make a one specific to French restricted bikes.

The FZ1 I sold Mr B will eat a stock bike for breakfast, there's no comparison  ;)

Hope that helps

Tidy darts all sounds good, cant say ive noticed any dodginess up around those revs, im always pretty happy with it when it is singing.....but that's a good test to do, I've seen it physically so I do have one but I just get curious about these things.

I should stop whining really...this is the bike I have and im commited to it and I think in future it will become parts for a newer one as there's so many unmolested examples lying around out there waiting to be replaced by tracers....well that's how im justifying all the expense anyway.

& im not sure about Brookers bike..ok maybe once upon a time......but he has added so much carbon that he's probably the only guy to increase a bikes weight over stock with carbon fibre :b

anyway...I now have bigger fish to fry...mainly replacing my throttle cable :'(
« Last Edit: 11 March 2015, 09:24:22 pm by noggythenog »

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2015, 06:00:13 am »
Bloody hell. Dekf is still about lurking. How's the 1000r mate ?? Still loving it? Thanks still for hooking me up with such a sorted bike I proper love it still. If I'm honest I'm still not anywhere near used to it yet as haven't put enough miles in on it yet.  Noggy drop me your number in a pm nearer the time and let's see if we can arrange a meet even if it's just for a drink or something. Not bothered if we come to you either, it's just a good excuse for a evening blast.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 March 2015, 06:18:40 am »
Sounds good mate...ill bring some tools to strip yur bike on my way back.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 March 2015, 06:33:33 am »

Hope that helps

Thanks for the tips Mr Dekf

WIll  try that.

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 March 2015, 10:28:55 pm »
Glad to be of help Billy :)

Paul, enjoy the FZ1, I did as much as I could with it & I'm pleased it's gone to someone who'll appreciate it. But carbon  :eek
As to the s1r, it's phenomenal but I'm not going to say how good as it'd be unfair  :b

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 March 2015, 08:33:10 am »
Whats up with carbon ?? I like it against the Lava red.