Date: 17-05-24  Time: 19:39 pm

Author Topic: Big thanks to CRH and another 33bhp question  (Read 970 times)

yoyo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Big thanks to CRH and another 33bhp question
« on: 23 April 2014, 10:24:07 pm »
Need to say a massive thank you to CRH for sending out some 33bhp washers so I can get the Mrs on the road ASAP, I'll make sure I pass them on to someone just as needing when she's done with them  :)

The question is how the hell do you fit the washers in?! The last bike I fitted them too was a Bandit 6 there was room to move the air box back a couple of inches so there was room to move the carbs and fit the rubbers in but on the FZS there is no room at all, I had a look at the Haynes manual in the downloads section and when it started with 'remove the engine' I thought there has to be an easier way!!  Any tip or pointers?

Cheers

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Re: Big thanks to CRH and another 33bhp question
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2014, 10:38:49 pm »
If they're the one I'm thinking of, you just need to remove the carbs, and fit the washers between the carb outlet and the head intake rubbers.

Seat and tank off, battery out, slacken the screws on the carb rubbers (airbox side), slacken the 3 bolts holding the airbox in place and slide back, while prising the rubbers off the carb intakes. Undo the screws on the other side of the carbs, slide the carbs back (and off their rubbers) and hey presto.  :)
« Last Edit: 23 April 2014, 10:40:23 pm by ChristoT »
The Deef's apprentice

yoyo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2014, 11:32:51 pm »
Ah, cheers Chris, didn't look like there was any room for the air box to move back,  will have a good look when I'm off Friday

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2014, 11:45:05 pm »
Ah, cheers Chris, didn't look like there was any room for the air box to move back,  will have a good look when I'm off Friday

The battery provides the space the airbox will slide back into.

Behind the airbox covers, there are two bolts (10mms, I think), and another one under the tank. You need to slacken all three, and the carb inlet rubber screws before the box will even consider shifting. Good luck with it!  :)
The Deef's apprentice

yoyo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2014, 09:30:18 pm »
All done, took about an hour, the only ball ache was getting the inner 2 washers in. Just need to get her ladyship to ride it now!!