Date: 08-05-24  Time: 12:05 pm

Author Topic: Any Welsh foccers/Welsh road appreciators coming camping???  (Read 12750 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile

Just getting back on my feet & i've got the week off.

Think ill go to mid wales & do some exploring & see if i can find any more favourite roads.

I plan on going out each day but i cant do the weekend unfortunately so im guessing nobody is about but just sayin anyone is welcome to join in.

Cheers

Nog 8)
« Last Edit: 19 March 2014, 02:57:35 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Nogs, just in case you don't spot my reply in What Did You Do With....
I'll be doing Wales tomorrow - if you don't get any takers, you're welcome to join me. See that other thread for my planned route  :thumbup

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Cheers Nick

Trek through wales tomorrow it is. 8)

I likes the sounds of that Mountain road, should be a nice bimble.

I've not been feeling overly confident on the corners today but i think it's just the temperature of the road isn't   allowing them to heat up enough as much...well that's my excuse outta the way :lol

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
wrong week for me but I'm sure there'll be others. 
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Not this time noggy but i have a couple of weeks of at the start of april. Ill have a look at nicks rout and probably steal it.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Not this time noggy but i have a couple of weeks of at the start of april. Ill have a look at nicks rout and probably steal it.

Yes i shall review it for yous

On the basis of my rideout today though i am sure it will be excellent.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

This is the plan bri:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Carterton,+Oxfordshire,+UK/Llandovery,+Carmarthenshire,+UK/Builth+Wells,+Powys,+UK/Aberystwyth+University,+Llanbadarn+Campus,+Llanbadarn+Fawr,+Aberystwyth,+Dyfed+SY23+3AL,+United+Kingdom/Machynlleth,+Powys,+UK/Newtown,+Powys,+UK/52.2189516,-3.2167806/Builth+Wells,+Powys,+UK/Abergavenny,+Monmouthshire,+UK/Carterton,+Oxfordshire,+UK/@52.1835849,-2.9341836,9z/data=!4m57!4m56!1m5!1m1!1s0x487133437789432d:0x9eaed1072b6377ca!2m2!1d-1.593124!2d51.759712!1m5!1m1!1s0x486e4d5313cc441f:0x6ba8224b88f983d3!2m2!1d-3.78637!2d52.0085035!1m5!1m1!1s0x486fc415bd5dd3f9:0x41ded9e4c6fc6007!2m2!1d-3.404592!2d52.150023!1m5!1m1!1s0x486f764d0ef055ff:0x1efcaaf9545d5b54!2m2!1d-4.063066!2d52.415524!1m5!1m1!1s0x48655da7b2726727:0xe8ed8fbd7ed14480!2m2!1d-3.853485!2d52.590273!1m5!1m1!1s0x486fe2b819a11709:0x8f158f8d4f8b4cae!2m2!1d-3.313106!2d52.512112!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x486fc415bd5dd3f9:0x41ded9e4c6fc6007!2m2!1d-3.404592!2d52.150023!1m5!1m1!1s0x486e27e43a90123b:0x7df1b5eb2a20c6fa!2m2!1d-3.019423!2d51.825366!1m5!1m1!1s0x487133437789432d:0x9eaed1072b6377ca!2m2!1d-1.593124!2d51.759712!3e0

Possible alteration on outward leg to include Beulah to Newbridge on Wye - you know that one Noggy!   ;)

All cracking roads!
« Last Edit: 11 March 2014, 08:47:42 pm by nick crisp »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Tidy darts

Was 10 ok with you Nick???

Realise you'll be under a little time pressure squeezing in all those miles

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
me in minehead 70,tees weekend,
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Tidy darts

Was 10 ok with you Nick???

Realise you'll be under a little time pressure squeezing in all those miles

Yep, 10 should be fine. I'll keep you updated on timing as I go in't morning  :thumbup

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Okey doke

Nice one

See ya

:faz :faz :faz :faz :faz :faz :faz :faz

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
I'm looking forward to getting in to Wales more this summer but I'm mostly restricted to weekends at the moment :(

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile

Hey Nick, thats me home now, tally for the day 295 miles

I raced the sun home

Awesome day! 8)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Shut up !!!!

i hate you :'(
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Shut up !!!!

i hate you :'(

:rollin :rollin :rollin

You wouldnt hve liked it slim....too much sun.........too much student totty at Aber..........& toooooooooooo many of them hills. :)

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
God,that route brings back great memorie's,used those fantastic roads several times over the VFR/THUNDERACE years,my ex had friends in Llandrindod wells,so  we'd come in from Bracknell on  the M4,over the bridge (toll free for bikers,loved it!) and turned off into Abergaveny and do the majority of that route put up here,happy days  8)

if there's a sunday ride out,im in somerset now,so even nearer to the cafe at the bus station in Abergaveny if ever you organise a days bimble?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
God,that route brings back great memorie's,used those fantastic roads several times over the VFR/THUNDERACE years,my ex had friends in Llandrindod wells,so  we'd come in from Bracknell on  the M4,over the bridge (toll free for bikers,loved it!) and turned off into Abergaveny and do the majority of that route put up here,happy days  8)

if there's a sunday ride out,im in somerset now,so even nearer to the cafe at the bus station in Abergaveny if ever you organise a days bimble?

Hey Pilgo i'm sure there'll be plenty more rides to come so you're more than welcome, it takes me about 1hour 20 minutes just to get to Llandovery where i usually meet up & then it's off to Rhayader but through the little short cut to Beulah which is ace.(thanks slimwilly for showing me it).

Was good today because me & Nick keep our distance & whoever is leading doesnt have to worry about crazy manouvres from the guy behind...fun but cautious (ish)...the only road that was a little crap was the coast road north from Aber to Machynlleth...but it was means to an end & we soon got on the road from Newtown to Buith wells.

Nick has his video camera on for a bit but not sure if it was pointing at the right angle......plus if it shows my shit riding he might not show it :\

Just goes to show how much fun you can have on a 13 year old 600 for not much money. 8)

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Im glad you enjoyed the day you lucky bleeders. It looks like a great route, i know some of the roads and they are so much better than the overcrowded pot hole strewn mess we ride on around sunny bracknell haha. Im planning on using the A40 next time im out that way, to landovery and pitch my tent. then wing it from there. I work on the theory that your not lost if you dont know where your going in the first place

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Ay oop Nog, home and safe.

Got back at 8pm after largely following traffic in the dark with a visor that kept misting  :rolleyes

Great day, longest one day mileage for me (on just a day out) at..........407 miles  :)

Sorry I got muddled about the mountain road mate, must have been the one from Builth that I was thinking of; we'll do it another time p'raps - but that A481 wasn't bad either eh?

Hill fuel (oh the things you miss out on Bill!  :lol )

The rendezvous:

At Rhayader:

And Aberystwyth:

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Hmmm nowt heard from Nick yet, last seen at Buith Wells about 1700hrs, ive text him but got no reply, tried phoning..phone switched off.

Think i'll post something up asking if anyone has his house phone number for  & i'll try pm to him.

I think he would have been on here by now to wind Bill up or let me know he was back.

Edit...good timing Nick, didnt wanna just leave it incase you were in a ditch or somethin....but kinda suspected you & technology not switched on could have been normal. :)

Double edit...i was pretty accurate with my prediction of you winding up Bill asap :lol
« Last Edit: 12 March 2014, 09:05:40 pm by noggythenog »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

Edit...good timing Nick, didnt wanna just leave it incase you were in a ditch or somethin....but kinda suspected you & technology not switched on could have been normal. :)

Sorry Noggy, yeah, me and phones don't get on too well - forgot I had it with me  :rolleyes  :rolleyes

But now have a new one (just got a SIM card for it today whilst out - might even get it set up, stranger things have happened  :lol )

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile

Was good today because me & Nick keep our distance & whoever is leading doesnt have to worry about crazy manouvres from the guy behind...fun but cautious (ish)...

this is what i need,ive been off the road for around 10 years and im the first to admit im a tad rusty,so the thought of riding with fast road riders isnt to appealing at the moment,its 'to my ability or see ya there',i have no problem with letting people clear off as long as im comfertable in my riding. so i'll keep a eye out for your  next mid week bimble (less traffic dibble around mid week!)  8)

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Glad your back in one piece nick. Now all you need is a hot bath and the vaseline. Ill send exup round

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Glad your back in one piece nick. Now all you need is a hot bath and the vaseline. Ill send exup round

Cheers bri. I haven't been in one piece for a loooooong time!  :lol

@ pilgo
Anyone welcome on these rides  :)

We didn't exactly hang about today, leastways not by my standards, but we keep it safe. We swapped leads at breaks, and no overtaking each other unless the leader gives a clear signal for the other to do so. We keep plenty of room between us so the leader knows he can ride without having no. 2 biting at his heels and so can relax and take whatever lines and speed he wants with no interference from the back marker.

That was a 13 hour day in the saddle for me!  :b

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile

Was good today because me & Nick keep our distance & whoever is leading doesnt have to worry about crazy manouvres from the guy behind...fun but cautious (ish)...

this is what i need,ive been off the road for around 10 years and im the first to admit im a tad rusty,so the thought of riding with fast road riders isnt to appealing at the moment,its 'to my ability or see ya there',i have no problem with letting people clear off as long as im comfertable in my riding. so i'll keep a eye out for your  next mid week bimble (less traffic dibble around mid week!)  8)

Pilgo..you got well more riding experience than me & if you had a thunderace etc then there must be mojo still within and waiting to get back on it.

Im also off next monday to friday if you or anyone else wants a bimble, weather depending, i'm happy going at any speed so as long as everyone is having fun that's the main thing.