Author Topic: forks  (Read 1446 times)

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
forks
« on: 27 June 2014, 06:34:42 pm »
hi guys, in my lame attempt to tidy up my fazer which isn't really happening as all I want to do is keep riding it :D
I have a list of things I ned / want to do, the one thing that bugging me is the front forks.
they are badly pitted on the chrome stations.   I could go down the re chroming route or just replace them with a good used pair.
ive poked around on fleabay and there doesn't seem to be any that are worth a toss.

my question is, would thundercat forks fit or what othe model would fit, but still using the fazers speedo pickup.
bikes a 2002 foxeye.
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.

The Gentleman Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ400
    • View Profile
Re: forks
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2014, 09:10:53 pm »
Ignore me, I misread :p
« Last Edit: 27 June 2014, 09:11:51 pm by The Gentleman Biker »

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2014, 12:25:11 pm »
Thundercat forks fit but you have to have the whole front end- you need the Thundercat yokes, top and bottom.
If you go down that route then you might as well have the front wheel too so you have more choice of tyres (120/60)
The speedo can easily be filed to fit into the wheel between the washer/spacers.
This just means when removing the wheel for tyre changes you have to be more careful as the ceramic speedo is easily broken!

Although better, thundercat forks aren't the best!
Some say...

Cityman49

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2014, 08:05:49 pm »
Have a look on Wemoto, they have Tarozzi stanchions that are excellent quality, at £112.50 they're a better alternative to hunting down second hand ones, that may have hidden damage. I had to replace one recently cos the clown that had the bike before me had put gouges into by hammering down a dust seal he'd covered in insulation tape as a makeshift oil seal. I'd replace both oil & dust seals as well, also I'd keep a note of how much damper oil you get out of both forks, chances are you'll put more back in.

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2014, 03:43:17 pm »
think what im going to do is go down the refurb route..
a bit of poking about has come up with this place.. not a million miles away in luton, has anybody dealt with them before?

http://www.pittedforks.co.uk/price.php
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2014, 07:41:20 pm »
Hmmm, my stanchions are fine, but the lowers are a disgrace!