Date: 30-04-24  Time: 17:26 pm

Author Topic: Any deals on tyres?  (Read 730 times)

Craiginuk

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Any deals on tyres?
« on: 17 August 2013, 11:50:03 pm »
Hi all, have just picked up a 99 fazer 600 in nice condition.  I've put a messgae up in the welcome forum.. One thing the bike needs is a set of tyres.  Has anyone found any good deals lately? Saw some avons and maxxis on ebay as sets but wonder what tyres are popular. Just general a an b road blasts so don't need anything too high performance. Thanks
Craig
« Last Edit: 17 August 2013, 11:59:52 pm by Craiginuk »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Any deals on tyres?
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2013, 11:58:42 pm »
Hi Craig, and welcome to the site.
I don't know about current deals but here's a discussion (relatively recent) that might help you choose what to go for. Have a look back in the archives, tyre threads come up fairly regularly, this is just the first one I found.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,8281.0.html

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2013, 04:46:11 am »
Have a look for Pirelli Angel ST; they're in the throes of being replaced so you might pick up a set at a decent price if you look around.
It'll certainly have enough grip for what you're doing.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2013, 09:46:43 am »
Ask at your local bike shop what the prices are for fitting tyres you bring in, I've found after paying online prices plus the fitting and balancing charges you've not saved any money from just buying them at the shop In the first place!

Tyres are very much down to individual feel, if you're just a weekend twisties rider the older pilot powers are nice (the 2's and 3's don't come in our front tyre size!) and are pretty cheap now the newer ones are out.
I'm currently running Bridgestones new S20 on the front and T30 on the back and am liking them very much.
If you're after longevity then back to the Michelin for pilot road 2 or 3 depending on your budget! (I've not had the T30 long enough to know mileage it can do!)
Some say...