Date: 14-05-24  Time: 10:37 am

Author Topic: The New Guy  (Read 1887 times)

AZBO

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
The New Guy
« on: 10 November 2011, 11:05:57 pm »
Hello ladies and gents, Az here. Ive owned my '98 fazer 600 since 2004, so I thought it about time that I start using/posting on the site! My bike has been off the road for a long while, partly due to restoring it, plus university etc etc. Although I've just got the bike back on the road, I'm actually heading off to India on a motorcycle trip later this month and may have to sell the fazer...

Anyway, thats me. I've really been finding the fzs600 forum pages a lot of help, especially carb related stuff and also info on clutch slip, so thanks to all that offered up the info. Hopefully i'll get some pics and details of the restoration up soon.

ATB

Az

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
Re: The New Guy
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2011, 11:52:43 pm »
Hi Az welcome to the asylum
The Frying Scotsman

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2011, 05:22:20 pm »
Hi Az, glad you're finding the site useful. What route are you taking to India? Is it a gap-year type thing or just over the summer hols?

AZBO

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2011, 06:55:57 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Fortunately its not a gap year thing, im well rid of uni now...studied automotive engineering and worked as a contractor for Bentley Motors Ltd in there engine research and development department for the last 18 months (sounds gucci, but basically some engine dynos in a shed out the back!). My contract ended last month and a friend of mine out in oz asked me to go travelling with him. So i'm heading out to Delhi on the 25th of Nov to meet him, we plan to ride north to Kashmir as its meant to be beautiful, into pakistan travelling south toward the iranian border (avoiding afghanistan for good reason). If we can get into Iran with the bikes, we plan to see some sights there, then onto turkey and greece. but its all subject to change, what with the state of politics in the middle east and even in europe. if worse comes to worse, we can fly instead of travelling overland. Bike wise, were avoiding enfields as i know people that have had nothing but trouble from them. Hopefully something four stroke for reliability, maybe around 250cc, but we'll have to see whats about when we get there. My mate travelled through nepal on a yam rx 135 2 stroke and had no problems. The honda hero is meant to be bullet proof out there.

Here endeth the sermon!

planning on posting some details and pics of my fazer resto, which section would be best to post to lads?

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2011, 07:21:18 pm »
 :stop You're forgetting the Indian Fazer 150!! And I assume you've seen this site? http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/

Sounds a great trip, would love to visit Iran one day. How long do you plan to be there?

AZBO

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2011, 08:21:29 pm »
had no idea about the fazer 150. looks like a cool bit of kit and definitely short listed, providing i can find one for the right money. hopefully they've been around for long enough out there to have become cheap. Iran is gunna have to be travelled through with pace, ive been told situations can go from being good to bad very quickly. So we'll probably be there for around a month or so, keeping a low profile. its somewhere i'd like to stay and properly explore for a while, lots of history(remnants of the persian empire etc). cheers for putting me onto the horizons website, having a look now!