Date: 19-04-24  Time: 14:04 pm

Author Topic: Warning ** Wezmoto shop**  (Read 1909 times)

Gaz66

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - VFR800 Fi (1999)
    • View Profile
Warning ** Wezmoto shop**
« on: 06 August 2022, 11:02:54 am »
Hi-de-hi.

Bit of a warning about the tossers trading as Wezmoto.
Purchased a set of braided hoses for my Gen1 refurb that's been in progress for the last year or so, she's nearly done Hooray.

Yes it's been a while since purchase, only opened up pack yesterday, hence a bit shocked in what I found, the Stainless banjo's drillings are full of swarf, spent a good while cleaning em out with a small drill bit & a good flush out with brake cleaner.

Checked hoses & OMG!

These clowns have made me up a set with crimped in banjo's & basically fucked em up, banjo's crimped in wrong position with wrong ends fitted.
Messaged em via Ebay explaining their error.
Shop Reply:Stick hose in vice & force crimped banjo into a better position.
My reply: Are u having a laugh, they're made wrong by you!
Shop reply: We'll only accept a return if within 30 days of purchase.

Basically front hoses are scrap, rear is ok & fits as it should.
If anyone needs a Brand new Braided (Black) rear hose with stainless fittings, I have 1 for sale £15 posted.

Hope this post helps anyone else having the same issue.

Personally I'll never use these tossers again, your money, your choice.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2022, 02:39:08 pm by Gaz66 »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Warning ** Wezmoto shop**
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2022, 05:56:24 pm »
For anyone who might be confused, these are a different business from WeMoto.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2022, 08:41:08 pm »
@Wezmoto, this is not the way to treat customers or protect the reputation of your business that i would have to a assume you actually give a sh*t about.

@Gaz66, what method did you pay and and how long ago was it..? distance and consumer law both applies in this instance.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2022, 08:46:25 pm by b1k3rdude »

Decoke Dave

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2022, 08:43:58 pm »
  Also know of a well known Yamaha pattern parts supplier who was selling gear change levers for a specific classic model, the wrong side of the spline split was tapped! When this was brought to his attention he said drill out the threads and fit a nut and bolt!…That’s nice and original! 😱💩.
If at first you don't succeed, pull your foreskin ower yer heid!

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2022, 08:52:57 pm »
@Gaz66, welp you should have done your research mister -

https://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/threads/wezmoto-brake-lines-beware.143306/
https://www.xrv.org.uk/threads/experience-with-wezmoto-brake-lines.98321/
https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=30232.20

When its something that you rely on to savre your life, even one bad review should give you pause. Their attitude and reponse just compounds the issue.

« Last Edit: 02 April 2023, 08:59:22 am by b1k3rdude »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2022, 09:11:14 pm »
Sucks to hear you've had such a hardtime with them. I've used them a few times and always been good and great value 😕 i wonder if they have new management? I was told in the past that it used to be run by an ex HEL employee 🤷‍♂️

Gaz66

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - VFR800 Fi (1999)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2022, 11:16:28 am »
Used em on several occasions, spent a good few quid with em too.
Customer service stinks.
I'd also heard there was some connection to "Hel" maybe the jogged him on cos he's a cunt?

Thing thats pissed me off the most is the fact they threw the 30day purchase limit at me straight away, with no offer to correct their mistake, shame they're so far away or I'd go wrap these hoses around a house brick & post em back thru their biggest shop window.

Buyers beware, these are defo worth avoiding.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 August 2022, 03:12:04 pm »
As I said, consumer law and distance selling regulations apply here. Clearly they were not fit for purpose to the point of being outright dangerous.

How did you pay for the hoses, was it credit card? if so call your card co, explain the issue and they will do a visa chargeback, simples.
« Last Edit: 14 August 2022, 09:14:14 am by b1k3rdude »

Wallace

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZR1000 Exup RU, RD350lc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 August 2022, 11:44:21 pm »
I had exactly the same response when my 350lc hoses didn't line-up.

I just twisted them but in hindsight should have sent them back.

Andy W

• Weekend Warrior
  • www.thesundogs.uk Rockin' rollin' rhythm & roots
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • The Sundogs - rockin' rollin' rhythm & roots!
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2022, 09:30:59 pm »

Here are the facts of Wezmoto as told to me by Hel....this is 1st hand info but a few years ago...I was actually at Hel HQ having some custom hoses made for my previous bike...a nice bunch of guys.
(Having started out as a bike hose maker, Hel still offer(ed?) a bikers "ride in" price & service. Living nearby I did exactly that!).

Wez / Wes at that time had a business arrangement with Hel whereby he went in after hours & used their machines & stock to make up his own brand hoses. The only things he was not allowed to use were Hel's exclusive designs or logo'd parts.

Wezmoto quoted an address a few miles away which I had already checked out...it was just an out of the way garage run by his pal who let him use the address for eBay returns.

As for the quality & service I have no personal experience but judging by this thread, I'm glad I always use genuine Hel stuff!  :rolleyes

Andy.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2022, 07:38:34 pm »
Well even Hel aren't above a abusing thier customers  and ripping them off, so I dont trust them either...

A few years ago I was conned by Hel into buying a 7 hose kit from them for my GSF1250 ABS in relaqtion rpelaceing all the old hoses on the bike to try and improve the power/feel of the brakes. They said and I quote "we will not sell you just the hoses you need, you 'HAVE' to buy all the hoses". So in this instance -

3, from the front MasterCyliner(MC) to yoke mounted fixed spilt and from there to each front caliper.
    2, from the fixed split to the ABS unit.
    2, from ABS unit to the rear MC and from MC to rear caliper.

That 7x hose kit at the time cost me £170. I would have gotten a 4 hose kit from Goodridge for a lot less,

All I actually needed to f***king replace was the 3 front hoses and one of the rear's. The 2x hoses from the fixed-split to the ABS units are hardline for 95% of thier length and I found out after the fact from Suzuki that they never replace those lines due to the flexaible parts being so short that would not suffer from the useual ageing issues that effect stock hydrolic hoses. The same comment was made regarding the hose going from the rear MC to the ABS unit.

Oh and the icing on the cake on the grand story surrounding these f***ing hoses? The local shop that fitted the above kit, incorrectly routed the 2x fixed-split to ABS hoses so that one of them dropped down and rubbed on the drive chain!!!!.  It was only by shear luck that the hose failed when I doing an upgrade of the front calipers (thats a story for another day) and NOT  while I was riding the damn bike!!! I would have screamed at the shop, but they were no longer trading by then. I had to take the damaged hose to "Universal hose & fittings" in Watford where they replaired the damage, because like f*** was I going to pay Hel for a replacement!

[update]
So I had to contact Hel a few months ago to get one of the hoses replaced (lifetime warranty) and they were helpful and quick, which partly conteracts the bad experience mentioned above.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2023, 09:01:57 am by b1k3rdude »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2022, 07:54:15 pm »
Well even Hel aren't above a abusing thier customer  and ripping them off, so I dont trust them either...

Whereas, a couple of years ago, when I wanted a set of Braided Lines for my FZ6-S, I contacted HEL and told them that they only had the FZ6-S2 versions on their website.

So they said "Send us the old ones and let us keep them to copy and we'll send you a braided set for free"!

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 October 2022, 10:33:57 am »
That was magnanimous of them, and I have the same thing happen with Venhill. But as I see it, at the end of the day, you were doing them a favour. They dont have to go and obtain a set of stock hoses and get free advertising / marketing from you.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2022, 11:40:12 am »
at the end of the day, you were doing them a favour. They dont have to go and obtain a set of stock hoses and get free advertising / marketing from you.

Which sounds like eminently good business practice to me :thumbup