Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:09 pm

Author Topic: For Sale: FZS 1000 now withdrawn  (Read 23413 times)

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale: FZS 1000 now withdrawn
« Reply #100 on: 25 March 2014, 02:46:00 pm »
Truth hurts, eh John? :rollin

johnfoxllb

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Harley Davidson Breakout
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 25 March 2014, 02:50:24 pm »

Spoken like a person who doesn't have the money to buy the bike

FazerRuss

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 25 March 2014, 03:08:43 pm »
I do wish all forums would lock down the ability to reply to "For Sale" ads.

The person selling something has no interest in a million and one other people's views on what they think it's worth, nor are harmless enough "nice *blah* good luck with the sale" posts particuarly useful when all you want to do is sell it, not be told how nice it is.

IMO, people are far less likely to go to the bother of criticising the OP by PM if it's not going to get a following of similar jibes by others.

All the OP is likely to get by PM is expressions of interest or genuine queries.

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 25 March 2014, 03:31:09 pm »

Spoken like a person who doesn't have the money to buy the bike

You'd love that to be true, eh?

:rollin

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 25 March 2014, 04:28:45 pm »
I do wish all forums would lock down the ability to reply to "For Sale" ads.

The person selling something has no interest in a million and one other people's views on what they think it's worth, nor are harmless enough "nice *blah* good luck with the sale" posts particuarly useful when all you want to do is sell it, not be told how nice it is.

IMO, people are far less likely to go to the bother of criticising the OP by PM if it's not going to get a following of similar jibes by others.

All the OP is likely to get by PM is expressions of interest or genuine queries.

I was only giving my opinion.....just like you have on me....so what's the difference.

It's quite common for people to put their hard earned cash, heart and soul into refurbishing and expect to get it all back.....I've spent over £3k on my bike over the years so in my valuation its worth well over £5k to me.......in reality its probably worth £3.5K max to the right person and there's not many of these people about.......that's my point.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 25 March 2014, 04:36:01 pm »

Careful richfzs........you'll get branded a troll as well......... :'(....that's the truth hurtin

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 25 March 2014, 04:37:51 pm »

My tuppence worth is this.

The fzs1000 isnt a classic....yet to be confirmed if it will be.

If it was starting to become one then id say that was a good price....never quite seen the appeal with financial classic status guessing myself......even if a bike fetches 40k i still see it as allot of foccing about to store it, look after it & gamble with it iver the years.

If we buy a brand new tv but ut has been stored for 10 years then we dont pay brand new tv prices.....it is an old tv....stuff has moved on....as good as that tv might still be.

Personally id say that john has been a gent on here & he must have known that some stick would come his way.....it is after all a forum.....& those digs have kept the post bumped up for all to see & none to miss...it has been enjoyable to see such a clean fazer exists.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 25 March 2014, 04:43:49 pm »

My tuppence worth is this.

The fzs1000 isnt a classic....yet to be confirmed if it will be.

If it was starting to become one then id say that was a good price....never quite seen the appeal with financial classic status guessing myself......even if a bike fetches 40k i still see it as allot of foccing about to store it, look after it & gamble with it iver the years.

If we buy a brand new tv but ut has been stored for 10 years then we dont pay brand new tv prices.....it is an old tv....stuff has moved on....as good as that tv might still be.

Personally id say that john has been a gent on here & he must have known that some stick would come his way.....it is after all a forum.....& those digs have kept the post bumped up for all to see & none to miss...it has been enjoyable to see such a clean fazer exists.

Noggy....it wasn't a dig if its factual...if he's taken offence then foccin diddum's to him....sensitive prick.....now he can take offence :lol

Only kidden Johnny Foxes.....do you own an Irish bar per chance :evil

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 25 March 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
That soon escalated  :b
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it..

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 25 March 2014, 06:06:33 pm »
It's a shame it didn't sell. Personally, if I had wanted a pukka gen one, I would have bought it. Overpriced? By what criteria? By how much a dealer says it's worth, or how much a comparable year one is going for, or umpteen other factors..all, IMHO, not really relevant.in my mind, all that matters is what it's worth to me. And had I wanted a clean gen one, I would have thought that bike was worth it. If  I had bought it and halved it's value through use and miles in two years, that's still nothing like the depreciation on a new litre bike. And like the man pointed out, you can't buy that particular bike new. Good luck with selling it somewhere else john, it deserves to fetch that money.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 25 March 2014, 06:20:07 pm »
I think John has had enough stick.

John, I'm going to lock this thread now, but if you would like to put it back up for sale PM me and I will reopen it for you (or post a fresh thread if you desire).

notice the bike is now on Gumtree too, GLWTS :)