Date: 19-05-24  Time: 12:38 pm

Author Topic: Dazzling bicycle lights  (Read 7677 times)

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
Re: Dazzling bicycle lights
« Reply #25 on: 21 November 2014, 11:17:17 am »
I got to agree with the folks on here that are saying at least they get noticed! how many of us ride our bikes with lights on during daylight hours to be seen!!
not going down what grips me bout other road users as we could be here all day!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 November 2014, 11:44:32 am »
IIRC some modern cars have the rear fog light linked to the front spots so many drivers are unaware that their rear fogs are on ???

I am at that age where I no longer need to drive after dark but it amazes me how many times I need to avert my rear view mirror when being followed. Here's a simple rule........................ if the back of my wrinkly, bald, grumpy old head is illuminated by your headlights

THEY ARE TOO FOCCING HIGH !!!!!

I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 November 2014, 11:48:15 am »
People who stand in the middle of the road, not at a crossing, wearing all dark clothing, so when it's raining you literally cannot see them until you're nearly on top of them!
Happens a lot on a steep bridge next to a tube station near my home, very annoying, and very dangerous.

Or people who just randomly cross the road between vans and buses and NEVER look your way when you're slowly overtaking, even though there's a crossing about 20 metres away.
That's when the mighty air horn comes out to play.  :evil
« Last Edit: 21 November 2014, 11:49:18 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 November 2014, 11:56:25 am »
I also hate people who sit at lights with their brake lights on ......but now I have a car with an automatic electronic brake so err its now acceptable  :D
Its just a ride

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 November 2014, 12:14:03 pm »
I also hate people who sit at lights with their brake lights on ......but now I have a car with an automatic electronic brake so err its now acceptable  :D
But isnt that an auto hand brake and hence no light
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 21 November 2014, 12:33:54 pm »
To be honest I,m am unsure it does seem to put the brake lights on ....must remember to check in a glass fronted shop sometime  :o
On fog lights I don't even know how to put mine on (auto lights) ,not noticed a button think it must be on the turn dial somewhere lol
Its just a ride

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 November 2014, 12:54:18 pm »
People who indicate at the last second, then turn, or don't indicate at all, especially on rounder bouts,  also cutting you up when the road bottle necks, especially when it's clear way back two lanes go to one . And when the lights go to green there still texing.
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 November 2014, 01:28:58 pm »
On fog lights I don't even know how to put mine on (auto lights)

ooh ohh yes thats another one AUTO LIGHTS,
My main problem with them is this, you come off a motorway and the sliproad is down so the roundabout is under the motorway, you are waiting to enter the roundabout and someone comming from your left under the motorway bridge "flashes" you. Only they have not flashed you and its just the autolights comming on in the daytime under the bridge. Yes its not a flash as they stay on but you just see the lights and then instantly turn and look the way you are going.   

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 November 2014, 02:51:05 pm »
Had a local councillor walking up my road a few summers back and he asked if there were any concerns or anything he could do, so I said I had major problems getting out of my road in the mornings onto the main road, so fair play to him about 2 weeks later a "Keep Clear" box appeared.
You would be amazed how many people see me waiting to get out of my road yet will still roll up and stop right in front of me, blatantly inside the keep clear box, then normally they'll start looking at their phones.

Another great time for the air horn to be unleashed, which thankfully actually embarrasses the majority of them, although some just don't give a shit anyway, probably 'cos they can't hear it over their music.  :grumble

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 November 2014, 03:10:46 pm »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 November 2014, 03:26:16 pm »
a "Keep Clear" box appeared.
You would be amazed how many people see me waiting to get out of my road yet will still roll up and stop right in front of me, blatantly inside the keep clear box, then normally they'll start looking at their phones.

That reminds me of another one -- people who block the traffic because they dont know what the yellow hatched box rules are.
And there is a keep clear section near me on a two lane road so I stop before and keep clear,  I have lost count of the times somone from the other lane sees it as a gap to cut into the que I am in

griff86

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 November 2014, 07:11:48 pm »
I really hate people who drive with the sun blind down in anything other than bright weather, some idiots drive at night that with it down too. No excuse for it, oh and 40 in a 60 annoys me too.

I'm a cyclist and I use the flashing lights but I don't ride during the night so I just use the rear one.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 November 2014, 07:58:37 pm »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 November 2014, 09:12:08 pm »

Good read that  :thumbup.....think we have covered most of that and more....it will all change when FOCU gets in at no 10    :thumbup

now, where were we......ah yes....cagers approaching a T junction and looking left first whilst still edging forwards   :wall
One, is never going to be enough.....

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 November 2014, 09:35:14 pm »
...& drivers turning left into a side road,then suddenly realising that wasn't the turning they wanted,but instead of just carrying on & turning round somewhere down that road they come to a sudden halt half on/half off the main road while they puzzle it over!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 November 2014, 09:36:00 pm »
Hold on red..... No one has mentioned lorry drivers overtaking each other..... Bain of my life atm.....there u are happily filtering along and some nob of a lorry driver thinks he'll have his buddy.... So he pulls out and try's to av Im but Noooooo he hasn't got the legs... So after causing a tailback of 10 min worth of traffic in a rush hour he finally decides to pull back in and wave u on with a THANKYOU wave like he was doin somethin reasonable .... Foccin arseholes.... And another thing ... Why is it that drivers do the most stupid of manoeuvres and then wave to u nonchalantly as if what they are doing is justifiable or the norm or even EXPECTED...it's like they expect u to be forgiving even tho the drive like idiots... WHILST THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY R DOING IS STUPID.... Grrrrrrr....good job I'm a nice chap
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21 November 2014, 09:42:45 pm »

Good read that  :thumbup.....think we have covered most of that and more....it will all change when FOCU gets in at no 10    :thumbup

now, where were we......ah yes....cagers approaching a T junction and looking left first whilst still edging forwards   :wall

On that note, cars that appear from side turnings at about 30mph then slam the brakes on as you're nearing them.
That still freaks me out to this day!  :eek

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21 November 2014, 09:50:34 pm »
Speaking of side turnings, those who pull out like they are at santa pod then do a steady 25 mph
Intentionally left blank

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21 November 2014, 10:09:54 pm »
And complete knobber's who pull up on your side of the road facing on coming traffic with their headlights on full beam.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21 November 2014, 11:09:55 pm »
Dont u mean the opposite side of the road???
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 21 November 2014, 11:26:43 pm »
No, I mean, they've parked up on your side facing you with headlights still on full or dipped dazzling the fuck out of you, totally oblivious to the hazard they are creating. If I ever park up on the opposite side of the road and I do every time I drop my daughter off, I immediately put my side lights on.
Come to think of it, I suppose it is the opposite side for them but to think like that requires empathy, A quality I don't possess.
« Last Edit: 21 November 2014, 11:33:32 pm by dazza »

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 21 November 2014, 11:28:18 pm »
How about people who use the wrong lane because it's moving quicker and then try and force their way back into the correct lane once at the front. So far I've got out of my car to explain the error of their ways (my version) to one driver and had another crash into me. Grrrr

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21 November 2014, 11:29:36 pm »
No dazza is right they are on your side of the road and so the headlights are full on you -- so they are parked up picking up prostitutes and facing you so their beam that would normally point to the left to the kerb is now pointing from their right -- to the left into your face

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21 November 2014, 11:33:27 pm »
How about people who use the wrong lane because it's moving quicker and then try and force their way back into the correct lane once at the front. So far I've got out of my car to explain the error of their ways (my version) to one driver and had another crash into me. Grrrr
Thats what has been happening when I stop and do not enter the keep clear section, they want my lane cause its turning right further on but their left lane is moving better than mine------ no worries as that twat fazersharp has not entered the keep clear section and left a nice gap for thenm to swerve into

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21 November 2014, 11:40:10 pm »
Hold on red..... No one has mentioned lorry drivers overtaking each other.....
I once clocked a pair of them clogging up two lanes for 5 miles overtaking at 1/2 mph faster, they should be banned from overtaking