Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 400 and other models

Fazer 400 High Beam Issue

<< < (2/3) > >>

unfazed:
Here is a colour photograph of the 400 wiring diagram not great but shows the colours of the wires you are tracing for the lights.As has been said,  the power to the brake lights, rear parking light, dims and heads is supplied by the same fuse. If your brake lights or rear lights are not working then it is the fuse If its is just the heads and dims not working then you may have put the switch back together incorrectly or damaged the relay. Sometime because the fuse looks ok does not mean it is ok, check it with a meter or swap it out.
There is only one power supply for dims and heads which is fed to bothe via the heads and dims switch. The lights will come on once the alternator turns over and stay on until the ignition switch is turned off, unlike the USA bikes on which the lights come one when the ignition is turned on.

Gizmo:
Looks as thought it is a gear switch issue, I can get high and dip beam bridging connection under the tank as a test which makes the bulbs function. That brings me to the conclusion that the switch is faulty, I think it was faulty before I took it apart and cleaned it and now it seems even more faulty. I have opened another post about the rear light problem as I don't want to switch topics. The only thing I am looking for would possibly be a video tutorial of how to correctly assemble a left hand gear switch. When I took it apart I dropped everything not knowing what was inside. I believe and am 99% sure I built it correctly as it functions, how ever the dip beam stopped working after i did this. Now I have no head lamp at all. Indicators, horn and hazards do work.

His Dudeness:
If it all works when you bypass the switch the switch must be the problem. You'll have to figure out how it goes together yourself you'll never find a tutorial on it, they're a rare bike so there's not many tutorial type videos on them.

unfazed:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS-400-FAZER-98-02-Switch-Gear-Left-Hand/292513544248?hash=item441b2a7838:g:0kEAAOSwh5Fax5Mr:rk:8:pf:0

BBROWN1664:

--- Quote from: unfazed on 27 February 2019, 08:49:34 pm ---Here is a colour photograph of the 400 wiring diagram

--- End quote ---

Is the FZ400 the same as the FZS400 loom?

If not, the diagram is the wrong one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version