Date: 17-05-24  Time: 22:37 pm

Author Topic: Recommended Tyres?  (Read 6853 times)

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended Tyres?
« Reply #25 on: 09 March 2013, 10:02:50 am »
im in the same boat not had my fz1 long and it came with  new 023.but my last bike had dunlop roadsmart tyres which i thought were great tyres felt great in the wet and dry.and i just cant ride with anywhere near the same confidents so think there have to go.

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 March 2013, 11:36:03 pm »
...I have just put a part worn Z6 front ( about 500miles only)...
Did you ever find out why the previous owner took a Z6, with only 500 miles, off their bike?

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 March 2013, 09:33:50 am »
i have had dunlop roadsmarts on my fz1s for four years now (3 rear and" front) and dont seem to have had any of the problems you have. not cheap but for me they work well.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 March 2013, 01:37:06 pm »
Well got myself a new set of hoops this morning, and the bike already feels so much better. Went for Michelin Pilot Road 3s, as I'd had them on my ninja and really liked them. Cost £250 fitted, which wasn't too bad, I'm hoping to get a few quid back from the old tyres on eBay as they've still got about 4mm of tread left. They're not worn in yet, but initial feeling is v. good, they already seem more grippy than the Maxxis ever did, and they've certainly increased turn-in speed a bit which I also like. Shall be taking the extended route home from uni today to get them properly scrubbed in  :D
Had a little bit of a test at a set of traffic lights I came to on the way to uni, gave it a bit of a handful coming away and rather than spin (which is what I was expecting from brand new tyres at about 5 degrees, and instead the rear just hooked to the ground with no fuss and sent the front skyward, reckon I might get on with these  :)
All I've got to do now is get the suspension sorted, get a set of clipons fitted and get an Ivans kit for the engine, and I'll have a properly riding bike!