Date: 30-04-24  Time: 17:13 pm

Author Topic: what goes around............  (Read 2196 times)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
what goes around............
« on: 15 May 2012, 12:01:51 pm »
morning chaps.........this is a shout to all 600 ( gen 1 ) owners in Gwent area. To keep it short and sweet, my partners 600 which we sold on ( yes, the stuttering one ) a few weeks back has come back into our possession........at a reduced price :lol . however, the prob is still there. ( guy had no real time to tinker ). soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i know its a long shot, but are there any owners out there prepared to lend me there bike as a test donor....you are more than welcome to stay with it if you feel more comfortable about things. All i really want to do is switch over the ignitor box, fuel pump relay and poss the pump ( about an hours playtime ) just to rule out ( possibly) any or all of those items. i will of course pay for your fuel, time etc and any parts that may ( hopefully not ) get damaged. This will save me the time and trouble of ordering all these off ebay just to find none of them are linked in any way. ( i know i could put them back on sale, but its just a faff. :rolleyes . If i remember rightly, i`m sure theres a member from here who lives in Newport (?) that would be fab if you could help me ( the boss really ) out with this one. cheers all for taking the time to read............and yes, short and sweet my arse.......long winded more like :z

BrianP

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: what goes around............
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2012, 12:41:00 pm »
I live in Caerleon and while I'm not keen on taking any bits off my 600 (which has never missed a beat so far) I'm quite handy at testing electrics and have some spare plug caps you could try!
« Last Edit: 15 May 2012, 01:23:13 pm by BrianP »

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2012, 03:25:51 pm »
I live in Caerleon and while I'm not keen on taking any bits off my 600 (which has never missed a beat so far) I'm quite handy at testing electrics and have some spare plug caps you could try!
Brian, thanks for the generous offer mate, but i`ve gone through the electrics numerous times..testing, retesting etc. plug caps etc are all new. thats why i`ve whittled it down to now ( i think)  one of the 3 items mentioned ( hopefully not all ). thats the reason for a quick swap-over testing session. thanks again for the kind offer. appreciate it !!. Any other takers pretty please ? gotta get this baby running right once and for all. nice hot cuppa waiting!!! :D

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2012, 07:32:01 pm »
good luck ade...let us know how you get on  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2012, 07:46:23 pm »
cheers mate.......never thought i`d see that bike again so soon :lol  boss is happy ( her bike tally is now 3 compared to my 1 :\ ) desperately need some donor bits and bobs to test out some potential cures......fingers crossed. how`s the thou looking ?

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2012, 08:02:11 pm »
thou lookin great,on screen saver at work so not much work getting done  :D .you need to get yourself some more bikes i suggest another 3  ;) ....glad you got the fazer back i found an old post with some pictures of it,i think you were showing off your polishing skills,looks great,not much point offering my bike for "parts loan" as we may have the same problem  :rolleyes
  iam sure some kind foccer will be along soon to help you out,offer some biccies with the tea it might just swing it  :)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2012, 08:44:46 pm »
thou lookin great,on screen saver at work so not much work getting done  :D .you need to get yourself some more bikes i suggest another 3  ;) ....glad you got the fazer back i found an old post with some pictures of it,i think you were showing off your polishing skills,looks great,not much point offering my bike for "parts loan" as we may have the same problem  :rolleyes
  iam sure some kind foccer will be along soon to help you out,offer some biccies with the tea it might just swing it  :)
i`m hoping somebody got a real soft spot for fig rolls ;) . hey, maybe we could combine both the bikes and have a 600 fazer that is total shite from one end to the other :rollin . then it really could be called a 600 foccer :lol :lol :lol . yep quite a few hours went into the bike thats why i`m sort of glad its back.......even though it runs like a piece of frog shit :moon .

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2012, 06:29:21 am »
ummmmm.....make 1 bike from all the s**t parts from both bikes...that could be the next big thing  :rollin :rollin

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2012, 07:35:24 am »
Have you checked the carb diaphrams for splits, often causes similar problems.
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2012, 07:26:13 pm »
everyone gone quite on you mate  :rolleyes

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2012, 08:07:16 pm »
everyone gone quite on you mate  :rolleyes
looks like matey........pity really. only need a tester bike for an hour ,if that, and i could be 99% towards getting her bike on the road for her. was hoping for a good response but never mind. ( i`ve done it meself twice for mates in the past ) :( . how ya looking with your handlebar project anyway? :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2012, 09:53:08 pm »
not started on the thou yet as realy want to sort the 600 first...working 7 days a week now so a bit short on time but will make time this weekend for a test ride.......there must be a fazer owner out there somewhere who can help a silly old foccer out......come on fazer owners,remember the BIKERS CODE.... ;)