Date: 27-04-24  Time: 14:14 pm

Author Topic: How to remove nose cone/front fairing?  (Read 818 times)

Tom Screws

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
How to remove nose cone/front fairing?
« on: 23 August 2023, 11:30:04 am »
Would like your experience to help me get this off as smoothly and quickly as possible. Besides the usual bits, the nuts at the at the side and mirrors, what else needs to be undone to get it off? Some say the clocks in order to get at those two Philips screws? Yes or no?

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: How to remove nose cone/front fairing?
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2023, 12:39:46 pm »
mirrors, infil panels and thats about it to get to teh 4x hex bolts that hold the fairing on. You will need to disconnect the lights as you remove it too..
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Tom Screws

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2023, 08:03:11 pm »
Thanks. I tried those hex nuts, they are really stiff a few days back. To undo turn anticlockwise?

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2023, 08:33:34 pm »
Thanks. I tried those hex nuts, they are really stiff a few days back. To undo turn anticlockwise?
yes, normal bolts
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Tom Screws

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2023, 10:57:52 am »
Have since worked out how to get it off.

1st: Undo and remove the four nuts holding on the mirrors and the two rubber parts between the mirror bracket and the arm brackets.

2nd: Undo the four big allen nuts securing the brackets that the mirrors attach to from the frame.

3rd: You will now have access to the wiring of the indicators. Grab either end and pull - the indicator wiring socket will separate. [size=78%] [/size]

4th: Pop out the covers from the back of the headlights with a simple pull. [size=78%] [/size][size=78%](Easy just pull) [/size]

5th: Undo the four screws holding the headlights to the frame.

6th: Pull out the wiring connector connecting the headlight to the bike's wiring. (Easy just pull)

7th: Undo and remove the two shiny allen-key type nuts on the side of the nose fairing.

8th: To remove indicators from fairing, undo screw part of indicator sitting inside the fairing, then inside you'll see another screw. Undo that and indicator twists and can be separated.

9th: Squeeze plastic bits on indicator holding them firm to the fairing and they will drop out.

* That's the FULL process.  Very easy when you know how even for mechanical retards like me.