Date: 01-05-24  Time: 14:44 pm

Author Topic: Why do people do this!!!!!  (Read 5712 times)

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Why do people do this!!!!!
« on: 04 April 2013, 12:50:58 pm »
woke up too my alarm going off and this has happened!!!!!!

apparently the wind blow it over put i find it hard to believe as the women has tried to get the bins throw.

NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Learning every day.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Why do people do this!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2013, 01:01:43 pm »
Highly unlikely i reckon, if the wind was strong enough to blow it over on that side then i i'd have thought the bins would've been half way down the road as well. It's not exactly a lightweight bike is it.
Centre stand too, nah, i don't buy that excuse!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2013, 01:03:38 pm »
Wind, eh?

Sounds like crap to me,,, some ones had it over.

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2013, 01:05:41 pm »
Highly unlikely i reckon, if the wind was strong enough to blow it over on that side then i i'd have thought the bins would've been half way down the road as well. It's not exactly a lightweight bike is it.
Centre stand too, nah, i don't buy that excuse!

thats what i said but i have no prove of them knocking it over so i will have to live with the beautiful scratches and a bent clutch lever it has left  :'(

« Last Edit: 04 April 2013, 01:06:45 pm by Young rider »
Learning every day.

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2013, 01:11:09 pm »
Sorry to see that happen to your pride and joy but a couple of observations....

1. The bins are all up against the wall or each other so if the wind was blowing from behind the direction that the photo was taken then they wouldn't actually go anywhere

2. You've got a cover on in high winds! Basically you've attached a parachute to your bike and believe me, when they catch the wind, they exert a huge force. I know this because I did exactly the same thing and actually SAW my bike get pulled over onto it's side a few years ago in strong winds.

3. The centre stand isn't actually the most stable way to keep the bike especially if on a cross wind. The best way to keep it is on it's side stand with the bike leaning away from the wind direction (ie, the wind pushing it onto the sidestand). The tripod that this creates is wider than the centre stand.

Not having a go (I re-read this and it's seems quite picky soz), just trying to offer up advice for future reference as I know how gutting it is to see your pride and joy on it's side

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 April 2013, 01:11:14 pm »
Check for damage right rearside. Maybee some paint scuff could give a clue. Bad luck mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 April 2013, 01:22:38 pm »

1. The bins are all up against the wall or each other so if the wind was blowing from behind the direction that the photo was taken then they wouldn't actually go anywhere

2. You've got a cover on in high winds! Basically you've attached a parachute to your bike and believe me, when they catch the wind, they exert a huge force. I know this because I did exactly the same thing and actually SAW my bike get pulled over onto it's side a few years ago in strong winds.

3. The centre stand isn't actually the most stable way to keep the bike especially if on a cross wind. The best way to keep it is on it's side stand with the bike leaning away from the wind direction (ie, the wind pushing it onto the sidestand). The tripod that this creates is wider than the centre stand.

Not having a go (I re-read this and it's seems quite picky soz), just trying to offer up advice for future reference as I know how gutting it is to see your pride and joy on it's side

yes i see your point but i've left it like this many of time.

I think whats happened is when they been getting the bins in they rub against it and with the wind it just gone over. 

as i have left many bikes out there and scooter on there center stand it never gone over.
Learning every day.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 April 2013, 01:57:02 pm »

Have you been a CSI for long?  :lol

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 April 2013, 03:34:51 pm »
Sorry for your troubles, bud.

I find it hard to believe that the wind did it too. But I also find it hard to believe a woman with a bin or anybody else bumping into it accidently could have done that too. I don't even think a drunk stumbling into your 30st bike will do it, and he probably would come off the worse with the bike still upright. This was malicious IMO.

Try this yourself. Delicatley and carefully force one of those bins against your bike to get a feel if it is easy to tip over.....I bet it will stay put. It takes me (a 16st male) to apply a reasonable bit of force with my hand pulling on both handlebar and grab rail to start to send my bike tipping at an angle. So I would be thinking that this was an intentional two handed "pull or shove" jobbie, either by mindless drunken louts passing by topping it over for a craic, or somebody who has a grudge against you.

Either way, what's done is done and if the truth be know....nobody knows how it happened so be careful at pointing the finger. All you can do now is figure out ways to improve the safety when parked up.
« Last Edit: 04 April 2013, 03:37:51 pm by packie »

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 April 2013, 04:30:56 pm »

I agree with you mate, i used to park my ER5 on centre stand with cover, blew over twice in the wind, now gets parked on side stand and in the high winds the cover comes off as i have seen it blow over on the side stand too.

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

Gingernutz

• FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion
    June 08
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 April 2013, 04:41:23 pm »
Sorry to say before the CSI stuff starts a big enough wind will blow over a bike as Bracechenko says (mines been over too)

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 April 2013, 05:01:23 pm »
I have to agree it could just be bad luck and a freak gust of wind. my Mrs has a Suzuki GS125 (ok I know not as heavy as the fazer) in our back garden on its centre stand with a cover over it. More than once I have gone out to find it propped up against the fence after a windy night.
I can also see it out the kitchen window and have seen it rocking in the wind. crazy things can happen.
« Last Edit: 04 April 2013, 05:11:59 pm by FuZzBoM »
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 April 2013, 05:09:00 pm »
Well if it has been blown over then maybe it'd be worth putting the bike on the side stand but facing in to the direction of the wind.
It may look a bit out of place but if it prevents it happening again then it'll be worth it.

Or is that concrete a large step? I can't tell for sure from the photo'?
« Last Edit: 04 April 2013, 05:11:55 pm by darrsi »

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 April 2013, 06:18:09 pm »
Well if it has been blown over then maybe it'd be worth putting the bike on the side stand but facing in to the direction of the wind.
It may look a bit out of place but if it prevents it happening again then it'll be worth it.

Or is that concrete a large step? I can't tell for sure from the photo'?

It's a concrete step I'm just gonna set up a cctv then we will know who has done it.
Learning every day.

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 April 2013, 07:06:03 pm »
It's a concrete step I'm just gonna set up a cctv then we will know who has done it.

Only if it happens again! Hopefully it won't.
If it was windy at the time I tend to go for the wind being the culprit.

edc

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04 April 2013, 09:48:41 pm »
Wind has blown mine over in front of my eyes...  But parked up on a gravel drive.
I ditch the cover when the weather looks grim now - which kinda defeats the point...

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 April 2013, 10:14:21 pm »
Ok so, what's a CSI?

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 April 2013, 10:15:18 pm »
Crime scene investigator....got it  :D

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 April 2013, 10:21:38 pm »
Ha ha  :lol

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 April 2013, 10:26:37 pm »
Yes maybe it was the wind.

just think i can lucky with the damage as its only scratch the engine case, indicator, mirror, belly pan is cracked, clutch lever bent and ripped grip which now my heated grips don't work  :'(

Also the crash bobbin took most of the damage
« Last Edit: 04 April 2013, 10:28:18 pm by Young rider »
Learning every day.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 April 2013, 11:26:18 pm »
For what its worth I do agree the side stand is more stable, this creates a tripod effect. This was also backed up when I went round Ireland last year on the bike. when the bloke strapping my bike down on the ferry said its much less likely to fall over whilst on the side stand with it in gear, he also had a small strap to hold the front brake on.

And while I think about it I recently did a service on the bike. when I stood up from being sat on the ground my shoulder hit the bars. This knocked it off balance and it wobbled on the centre stand way more than I had ever expected.

Having said all that I can see why you think it is a tad suspect.... Hope it never happens again.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 April 2013, 11:42:37 pm »
She sat out side on the side stand and left in gear.

She complain to next door about having my bike out side and not being able to move the bins.

All she has do is wait as I work and use the bike everyday or the easy way is to ask me to move it.

But I got lucky and very little damage was done.
Learning every day.

gassitt

• Local user
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Got lots of others
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 April 2013, 09:01:25 am »
Centre stand always for me , parked up or on a ferry , never had a bike go over , but thats just personal preference

As for covers  either just chuck it over so the wind will take the cover not the bike.If you have to fasten it on do it tight so the wind cant get under it .I use bungees front and rear to pull the cover down tight plus my covers have a centre strap which goes under the bike ,pull that tight too

Never had any bother and im in that centre of tropical weather that is Manchester  :rollin

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 April 2013, 10:18:57 am »
Had some pretty strong winds here a couple of months and thankfully my bike didn't go over but I was unsure a few times - figured I was just being paranoid, but now I'm thinking I was just lucky!

These days its tucked away in a garage away from the wind and the elements :D

Buzz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 April 2013, 11:28:50 am »
Had some pretty strong winds here a couple of months and thankfully my bike didn't go over but I was unsure a few times - figured I was just being paranoid, but now I'm thinking I was just lucky!
These days its tucked away in a garage away from the wind and the elements :D

I thought Fire was one of those elements.. :b
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...