Date: 01-05-24  Time: 04:23 am

Author Topic: WANTED MOTORCYCLE CAMERA!  (Read 1834 times)

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
WANTED MOTORCYCLE CAMERA!
« on: 10 March 2013, 12:12:52 pm »
Anyone selling a video camera that i could use on my helmet or bike?
Learning every day.

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED MOTORCYCLE CAMERA!
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2013, 07:11:46 pm »
No, but I recently got a Contour Roam2 for my helmet. Use it everyday, v happy so far. Check them out if you haven't already  :thumbup

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2013, 07:32:22 pm »
No, but I recently got a Contour Roam2 for my helmet. Use it everyday, v happy so far. Check them out if you haven't already  :thumbup

Have you got a link?

Thanks.
Learning every day.

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2013, 07:51:28 pm »
I have a liquid image ego camera. really happy with it and the ability to sync it with your android/apple devices make it really useful. It has a standard 1/4 camera thread giving many mounting options.
Also the makers Liquid Image have a new model coming out soon so the older one is now much less than I paid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liquid-Image-Ego-727-Full-HD-Action-Sport-POV-Camcorder-Blue-12MP-WiFi-1080p-/140834891589?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item20ca69e745
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Young rider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2013, 07:59:13 pm »
The liquid one looks good, for the price i might give it a go. can you buy bigger memory cards as i do long rides.

Thanks.
Learning every day.

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2013, 08:15:11 pm »
Biggest issue with the liquid, seems to be battery life. A couple of hours is all. Doesn't say, but maybe you can also record with the usb lead in, so it's charging constantly. Does it automatically overwrite the oldest file? The need for that, depends on why you want it I guess. In my case, I wanted something to constantly record, without needing any attention.

http://www.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-ride-bullet-camera/prod_29.html

I bought one of these, wire it in and forget. It starts recording as the ignition is turned on, and vice versa. Very pleased :thumbup can also be used on battery power, again about 2 hours I think...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 March 2013, 11:30:29 pm »
The longest i've recorded on my Liquid image is an hour and it said I still had half battery remaining. I have tested it in the car and it will power and record at the same time so I guess you could set it up that way if mounted to the bike.
I have not tested if it will record over previous files (don't think it does from memory) but with a 32gb card in it I doubt I will ride long enough in 1 go to find out.  :lol

Thing is they are cameras designed for different reasons, the Ego is for capturing general purpose action and this is highlighted by all the add-ons you can get for it. The Roadhawk is meant to be a safety device with the time stamping etc.
For me personally I will stick with the ego for my home movies of trips away.

Both good cams just depends on your use.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2013, 09:24:55 pm »

I use the contour every time I ride including my commute everyday & occasional ride outs. Light, compact, up to 1080p and waterproof. Easy to mount on your lid or fairing, the lense swivels 360 so no excuse for not having a flat horizon. Flexibility to remove from the bike/lid and use on holiday etc. Mega simple to use (you can switch it on/off v quickly). If its on your head it will record where you look too. I've had 3 hours out of the battery and it still had juice left in it.

Only negative thing about it is the audio quality - it has an external mic so wind noise can be a problem if you're going 30mph+. No good for commentaries/vlogging.

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2013, 10:33:03 pm »
Love the idea of the road hawk.

From all the reviews I have read where they test multiple cams the go pro hd  seems to get constant results.
I have a cam from 6 or 7 years ago but Tec has moved on a long way, I keep wanting to upgrade but never seem able to justify it.
The track day I did I hired a go pro hd at brands. 40 quid for the day with 2 hd DVDs at the end. Results were very good indeed, shame my riding wasn't LOL.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2013, 11:01:47 pm »
Love the idea of the road hawk.

From all the reviews I have read where they test multiple cams the go pro hd  seems to get constant results.
I have a cam from 6 or 7 years ago but Tec has moved on a long way, I keep wanting to upgrade but never seem able to justify it.
The track day I did I hired a go pro hd at brands. 40 quid for the day with 2 hd DVDs at the end. Results were very good indeed, shame my riding wasn't LOL.

:useless or videos.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2013, 11:28:38 pm »
Sadly my only computer right now is my Android phone, so can't edit it or post the vid LOL.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 March 2013, 12:56:26 am »
I have a Drift HD, It's bloody brilliant!