Date: 31-05-24  Time: 15:22 pm

Author Topic: Side rack  (Read 911 times)

rok.bezan

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - fzs 600
    • View Profile
Side rack
« on: 27 June 2014, 08:10:25 pm »
Does any one have to sell or knows where to get for fzs 600 side rack for bags ? Please don't post GIVI Wingrack.

taurus66

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Kawasaki ZR7S
    • View Profile
Re: Side rack
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2014, 08:05:24 am »
I did a modification by fitting a krauser k-wing rack to my fazer and then bought the k2 system panniers and rack and fitted them together.. Took some thinking and work and then found the can was an inch too high, so made a little mod to turn the can enough to clear and now its on... Looks a bit like a donkey.. But without a top box there's 86litres of space.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
Re: Side rack
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2014, 10:03:21 am »
Fitting looks excellent - hope they're not staying that colour though  :lol

One thing to remember though, if you fill those panniers, they're going to be heavy and will want to rotate inwards at the bottom - if you haven't done it, adding a support/resting bar shaped like this.   |___________| (I've attached it using the number plate mountings before), so that each pannier supports the other, really helps solidify them when loaded.

Could you post a couple of side-on views?  I'm fitting the same kit (although with the thinner panniers) to our Fazer 600 and it'd be good to see where you've positioned them - I'll be making up my own mountings.