Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:27 pm

Author Topic: Horror footage of speeding biker  (Read 8245 times)

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
  • full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Horror footage of speeding biker
« on: 02 March 2012, 04:47:00 pm »
Speeding biker hits 156mph on motorcycle - dangerous or careless?

A MANIAC on a bike weaves between cars in a lethal 156mph police chase. Frightening footage of the pursuit on the busy A1 motorway was captured by a camera on board a police motorbike.
 Peter Clarke, 44, was seen in eight minutes of footage undertaking and scraping through small gaps on his powerful Suzuki.
 Despite claiming he was in total control at all times — and insisting it was built for speed — he was convicted of dangerous driving but still walked free.
 Clarke, from Sutton St Edmund, Lincs, had admitted speeding but denied the second charge.
 He was convicted by a majority verdict following a trial at Peterborough Crown Court.
 Clarke did not notice the cop behind him on the north-bound carriageway near Alconbury, Cambs, and was stopped near Sawtry.
Hang on...weren't the Police speeding as well? You can't have it all ways...one rule for them and one for us...wouldn't it be nice to live your life the way you wanted, ?
« Last Edit: 04 March 2012, 12:39:51 pm by Farjo »
full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Horror footage of speeding biker
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2012, 04:49:46 pm »
 some of the cars were doing 100mph in that clip, were they charged too? :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2012, 08:16:36 pm »
just looking at it more The cops were doing 156mph to catch up, the rider was doing 102mph when the cops stayed behind him at a distance of 12 feet. ( 0:22 ) which was so dangerous.

If the rider panicked, and touched the brakes, he would have been run over by the cops and killed.

The law should have stayed behind the guy until they could safely pass him to pull him over.
Should follow Germany's lead and introduce the autobahn over here

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2012, 08:24:33 pm »
I use that stretch of road every day and the average speed in the outer two lanes is usually around 80-85mph.  As has been mentioned, the police bike had to do 150+ to catch up with him but his speed wasn't out of the ordinary for what is a well surfaced 4 lane motorway.  He was obviously nabbed by Cambs finest unmarked black Fireblade.  There's also a blue Skoda VRS, black Audi A4 and black BMW M3 that prowl along there.

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2012, 08:28:19 pm »
and where was the footage of the suicidal weaving in and out of traffic?  All I saw was a bike travelling reasonably quickly (in fact, probably no faster than I travel along there on the bike) while staying in the outside lane.

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2012, 08:48:04 pm »
and where was the footage of the suicidal weaving in and out of traffic?  All I saw was a bike travelling reasonably quickly (in fact, probably no faster than I travel along there on the bike) while staying in the outside lane.

Hear hear! I'm not going to start justifying this type of riding but agree with Rusty....where's this weaving and crazy riding then???

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #6 on: 02 March 2012, 09:02:40 pm »
Hang on...weren't the Police speeding as well? You can't have it all ways...one rule for them and one for us...

So the Police should have to chase criminals at no more than 70mph?  :rolleyes

And obviously the biker has been through Class 1 Police training...

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 March 2012, 09:25:27 pm »
The guy is a prick there is absolutly no justifiction for that speed (oh can't spell) and the shear fact that he didn't notice the bike doing the same high speeds behind him must mean he is complete idiot, if i saw a none mates bike keeping speeds with i would start shitting myself even if i was knowingly within the speed limit. Thats why i check my mirrrors every few seconds for that exact reason.
The law says 70 whether you agree with it or not, live in germany if you want to do that sort of thing.
It gives those of us who do obey the law a bad name by taring us all with the same brush because we all ride bikes. and therfore the spawn of satin.
When i get into power people like that would get his right hand cut off.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 March 2012, 09:59:33 pm »
mmmm no police lights seen hence not noticing the police definatly unmarked bike

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 March 2012, 10:40:54 pm »
The guy is a prick there is absolutly no justifiction for that speed (oh can't spell) and the shear fact that he didn't notice the bike doing the same high speeds behind him must mean he is complete idiot, if i saw a none mates bike keeping speeds with i would start shitting myself even if i was knowingly within the speed limit. Thats why i check my mirrrors every few seconds for that exact reason.
The law says 70 whether you agree with it or not, live in germany if you want to do that sort of thing.
It gives those of us who do obey the law a bad name by taring us all with the same brush because we all ride bikes. and therfore the spawn of satin.
When i get into power people like that would get his right hand cut off.

Fortunately you won't.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 March 2012, 12:01:14 am »
this is clearly footage from road rash on the megadrive, I wonder if the real footage is somewhere on the interweb?
thou shalt not kick

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 March 2012, 02:09:30 am »
The little bit of footage i have seen (for some reason it dont want to play very well on my laptop today) i didnt see anything horrific or even out right dangerous.
broken the law? without a doubt lol but i think the label of horrific is a bit ott. i have seen much worse riding and driving in my highstreet

the only real issue is speed and that was a little excessive for the conditions but 100+ didnt look like it would be much of an issue.

dogruff

• CBT Wobbler
  • Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 March 2012, 07:37:37 am »
Reminds me a wee bit of my old courier days!

At least he wasn't stopped like the bank robber in Spain.

You tube " Motorcycle crashes into cops after bank robbery" BAD !!!

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 March 2012, 08:43:58 am »
The guy is a prick there is absolutly no justifiction for that speed (oh can't spell) and the shear fact that he didn't notice the bike doing the same high speeds behind him must mean he is complete idiot,
Why?  Spend any time on that stretch of road and you'll find that sort of speed is standard for most bikes and quite a few cars too.  Why should you be surprised to see another bike, you're not the only biker in the world you know.  It's 4 lanes, dead straight, well surfaced and there was, and usually is, little traffic.  That's why it's such a happy hunting ground for the unmarked cars/bike, plenty of custom.  That's probably also why he got a relatively light punishment.  The judge is local and knows it's rare to find anyone doing less than 80 along there.  He broke the law but from what I've seen on that video his only crime was doing it at a time the unmarked bike was there.  His speed was no more than 10mph over what I do along there so I suppose that makes me a prick too, Christ, I cruise the works van at 85 along there every day and that is just keeping up with the flow of traffic! 

Gingernutz

• FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion
    June 08
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 March 2012, 08:48:16 am »
Horrific my arse

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 March 2012, 08:52:36 am »
so you are all saying you condone speeding, what if,  know he didn't, he might next time had caused an accident and killed someone or himself would you say it was still ok then to do that sort of speed???
I wonder really in your heart of hearts???

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 March 2012, 10:36:09 am »
The law should have stayed behind the guy until they could safely pass him to pull him over.
Should follow Germany's lead and introduce the autobahn over here

Your 1st point I agree with.

If the rider was riding in the correct position in his lane there wouldn't have been a gap for plod to pass on.  If you are overtaking on a motorway keep to the right hand side of the lane so if some muppet pulls out on you it gives you more time to react. 

Regarding your 2nd point it isn't everywhere on the Autobans without a limit, only on certain stretches. Near junctions, built up areas (noise), hills which makes for a large differential in traffic speed, danger spots etc  it would be 130kph or less. In the short clip in that video there was a junction so on the German equivilent there would have been a limit in place.

70mph limit is a bit out dated, 80 (130kph) like in most countries in Europe would be sensible.
I've found the driving standards are much better in Germany, everyone tends to follow the rules.
The general standard of driving/riding in the UK isnt up to no speed limits  :lol

Hear hear! I'm not going to start justifying this type of riding but agree with Rusty....where's this weaving and crazy riding then???
Probably in the other 7 minutes of video; Peter Clarke, 44, was seen in eight minutes of footage undertaking and scraping through small gaps on his powerful Suzuki.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 March 2012, 10:52:54 am »
I use that stretch of road every day and the average speed in the outer two lanes is usually around 80-85mph.  As has been mentioned, the police bike had to do 150+ to catch up with him but his speed wasn't out of the ordinary for what is a well surfaced 4 lane motorway.  He was obviously nabbed by Cambs finest unmarked black Fireblade.  There's also a blue Skoda VRS, black Audi A4 and black BMW M3 that prowl along there.

He got caught doing 156mph! The clip from the video shows 100mph.

some of the cars were doing 100mph in that clip, were they charged too? :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Dont worry, partly due to idiots like Clarke doing 156mph,  soon there will be average speed cameras everywhere and everyone doing more than the speed limit will get prosecuted.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 March 2012, 11:50:40 am »
Thankyou Phil, you deffinately put it better than me.
Also if he had had an accident he would of become another statistic used to fuel the fire of compulsory high vis for example.
We know it doesn't work but that won't stop them.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 March 2012, 12:03:37 pm »
Under the current laws, he was breaking the law. BUT.............

He appeared to be in total control and when challenged pulled over correctly and slowly to avoid any possibility of endangering the police bike behind. He also pulled well over to the left on the hard shoulder, indicating that he was aware of the danger of passing traffic.

Now compare him to these thieving chavs who fail to stop, race about side streets in Police pursuits and often crash. They often are punished with points and ban on a licence they don't have and a good telling off.

I know which one I would rather share the road with.

BTW  I think you can detect the police flashing lights in his reflector so he lost admiration from me for poor use of his mirrors.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 March 2012, 10:59:49 pm »
Very disturbing thread.....

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 March 2012, 11:11:12 am »
Mods
whilst I appreciate peoples freedom of choice, can we ban any links to that F******G rag, I and many other's find it deeply offensive
rant over
fire never sleeps

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 March 2012, 11:48:36 am »
Mods
whilst I appreciate peoples freedom of choice, can we ban any links to that F******G rag, I and many other's find it deeply offensive
rant over

if you are not happy with it then delt it was not there to offend other people and some people take it the wrong way and go ott :rolleyes

I have ask the mod to take the post off  :oops

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 March 2012, 12:42:40 pm »
this is clearly footage from road rash on the megadrive, I wonder if the real footage is somewhere on the interweb?

Mods
rant over
Mods
rant over

if you are not happy with it then delt it was not there to offend other people and some people take it the wrong way and go ott :rolleyes

I have ask the mod to take the post off  :oops

The video in the first post has been changed to what looks like the full version:
Speeding biker hits 156mph on motorcycle - dangerous or careless?

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 March 2012, 12:44:53 pm »
In this video he goes for it at around 4 min 25 sec.