Date: 27-04-24  Time: 10:30 am

Author Topic: st stutter!  (Read 2098 times)

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
st stutter!
« on: 20 March 2012, 07:45:44 pm »
Hi all, got a bit of a mysterym I just changed the air filter on my 2000 model fzs600 and when the bike gets to 6000rpm it stutters to about 7500 and then picks up again?? going to put the old filter back in to see if the new one is the issue, its a non yamaha filter I had from M and P. Any ideas??
What matters is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: st stutter!
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2012, 02:13:14 pm »
its not likely to be a problem with the filter itself,
the first thing i would check is make sure that you havent pinched or kinked the fuel hose or breather pipes.
if those are good then it will come down to electrics (poss caps or plugs) or Carbs.

good luck

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2012, 08:07:37 pm »
put the old filter back in and its back to running properly! err?
What matters is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2012, 08:18:21 pm »
m and p reckon nothing wrong with the new filter a that because its  new more air is gtting through and the carbs need adjusting!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2012, 08:24:47 pm »
been thinking about this since you posted,are you sure the new filter was seated correctly ? :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2012, 08:56:39 pm »
It's not the filter. You probably didn't fit it properly or as mentioned, the breather pipes got trapped when you re-fitted the tank causing your problem.

When changing back to the old filter you (without realising) solved the problem.

Re-fit the new filter ensuring it's seated properly and is in the correct position. The ensure that when you refit the petrol tank, the breather pipes don't get trapped.

Ride the bike again then and see what happens :thumbup

b3tarev3

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Betarev3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2012, 09:00:42 pm »
It's not the filter. You probably didn't fit it properly or as mentioned, the breather pipes got trapped when you re-fitted the tank causing your problem.

When changing back to the old filter you (without realising) solved the problem.

Re-fit the new filter ensuring it's seated properly and is in the correct position. The ensure that when you refit the petrol tank, the breather pipes don't get trapped.

Ride the bike again then and see what happens :thumbup

As he says..... done it myself!  :o

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2012, 08:31:24 am »
Done all this guys and still the problem persists. I've put the old filter back in again and again no problem. I have noticed though that the top cover of the airbox has a large o ring seal missing and have ordered one in case that is an issue. I must have swapped the filter 5 times now and every time its the new one that causes the problem o

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 March 2012, 09:03:00 am »
very strange.....inspect the breather tubes,pull them out to make sure there not blocked or kinked further down and then re-route them,theres not much room so be careful :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

John Silva

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2012, 10:04:12 am »
Very strange... How putting the 2 filters together and taking a photo of them to show us the old and the new.
Biking is about the Journey NOT the Destination...