Date: 15-05-24  Time: 14:12 pm

Author Topic: breather pipes  (Read 1033 times)

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
breather pipes
« on: 29 March 2012, 06:52:02 pm »
is it normal to see a small pool of water/greasy stuff on the floor  from where the breather tubes exit beside the brake switch,  i noticed the othe day that the tubes were not in the right place and the one that comes from the left hand side tank when sat on the bike was cut where it goes underneath the side of the coolant tank attached it back with plastic ties and the plastic clear tube stopper that was there and since then ive had the small pool is this norm??
i noticed when i took the clear plactic tube stopper out there was a lot of water in the pipe ??

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: breather pipes
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2012, 02:06:09 pm »
If you've just unblocked them and re-routed them then it could have flushed out any crap in there. Is the bike kept outside without a cover / used in the rain?

If it continues, its worth investigating, if it was just the one time I wouldn't be too concerned.

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2012, 06:06:19 pm »
bike has been used in light rain, but that was a couple of weeks ago and its always kept under a cover

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2012, 06:43:55 pm »
Well that could explain how the water got there but its just a case of keeping an eye on it. Again, if it only happened once after you moved it around then I cant see there being any reason to worry.

I would probably check again after the bike has been through rain etc to see if the pipe has more water stuck in it. If it does, its time to start looking for a cause, if not then just dont worry about it as the pipes are doing their job