Date: 19-04-24  Time: 19:13 pm

Author Topic: charging problems  (Read 1084 times)

bazsergison

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
charging problems
« on: 12 May 2013, 07:11:44 pm »
hi peps  i have a problem with my fazer 600 its got a charging problem ......
i can charge the battery up and it holds the charge fine ,i can get on the bike after a week and it will still start up fine ,i can ride the bike all day with no probs off and on all day ,but if i go out and drive with my lights on and go out for a hour or so and then turn the bike off its then flat wen i come back to it its flat ..........
if i turn the lights on in my garage and rev it the lights brigthon  up then go dimmer  so i think the alternator is working .....its been in to a garage and its had a new regulater [as they thought it was that but no ] 
any idears  would be a big help  :'(

risticuss

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: charging problems
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2013, 07:15:22 pm »
Hi Baz,

How old's you battery?

Simon

bazsergison

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: charging problems
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2013, 08:50:53 pm »
About 3+ years ..... I have just been cleaning it and playing about with it in the garage and if it's running with the lights on then I hold the flash on the rev counter drops to zero and the temp light and oil light come on but if you give it a small rev all the lights go off and the rev needle comes back on ..... I have just turned it off and it would not start battery flat , so bumped it and left it running for 10mins with no lights on , nocked it off and it started fine ........ HELP ......