Author Topic: jets  (Read 1349 times)

wutangbuzz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
jets
« on: 21 August 2014, 12:53:28 pm »
I've stuck a race can on my fazer which makes it sound much more fun but its made a big flat spot early in the revs. Anyone know what jets I can use to get rid of this?

papercutout

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: jets
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2014, 12:37:03 am »
In a single word: no.

It's a bit trial and error, but jets are cheap. Might be a ball ache to do though, buying some, fitting, repeat. I'm surprised it's caused a flat spot though - have you changed the air filter too? And have the carbs been balanced? My tail can breathes VERY freely, and I have a K&N fitted. I've debated doing the jets too, see this thread for some idea's, although remember - he has cone filters fitted:
http://fazerowners.yuku.com/reply/216863#.U_fSneiP5hJ

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2014, 02:01:46 am »

It's a bit trial and error, but jets are cheap. Might be a ball ache to do though, buying some, fitting, repeat. I'm surprised it's caused a flat spot though - have you changed the air filter too? And have the carbs been balanced? My tail can breathes VERY freely, and I have a K&N fitted. I've debated doing the jets too, see this thread for some idea's, although remember - he has cone filters fitted:

You breath out of a tail? :eek I'd check that everything else is 100% before going down the rejetting route. I'd also stick the original exhaust back on and see if the problem does actually go away so you know for sure it's the exhaust causing it

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2014, 12:01:45 pm »
I had my bike rejetted, it simply didn't work, and had it put back to stock because it just didn't feel right.
It was Dyno'd at the time so no guess work either.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

papercutout

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2014, 08:23:09 pm »

You breath out of a tail? :eek 

It's like talking out your arse, but more subtle ;)

Replace 'breathe' with 'flow' if you're feeling pedantic. As His Dudeness said, I'd keep rejetting as a bit of a last resort.