Date: 15-05-24  Time: 23:33 pm

Author Topic: Top box fitted  (Read 2951 times)

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Top box fitted
« on: 29 September 2013, 09:27:49 pm »

more of a need than a desire but fitted givi top box this weekend. Have to say don't think it looks as bad a I thought it would and when the box is off the rack doesn't stick out too much.
Porquoi moi?

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Top box fitted
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2013, 09:25:03 pm »
I bought the Yamaha one and had to take a hot knife to the seat panel to fit the rack as it replaced the grab rails and was a bit bigger. Yamaha did kindly put a line in the moulding as a guide though  :rolleyes

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2013, 09:17:21 am »
Looks really good
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2013, 11:17:34 pm »
I bought the Yamaha one and had to take a hot knife to the seat panel to fit the rack as it replaced the grab rails and was a bit bigger. Yamaha did kindly put a line in the moulding as a guide though  :rolleyes

I did prefer the Yamaha one originally as I thought it has cleaner looking lines when no box on but opted for Givi in end as it has the higher weight capacity and option of adding side panniers if I ever get around to touring  :rolleyes

Porquoi moi?

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2013, 11:22:10 pm »
Porquoi moi?

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2013, 09:27:22 pm »
I have the very same set up. Bike is very stable at speed and I can get most of my gear in the box.

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2013, 11:17:19 pm »
I have the very same set up. Bike is very stable at speed and I can get most of my gear in the box.

was pleasantly surprised how stable it's been with the bike at speed, don't even notice it's there until I try and get my leg over the seat  :lol
Porquoi moi?

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2013, 01:37:12 pm »
I have the Yam one, weight limit is quite low but then I keep my gold bullion in my waist band. Its fine at speed and great for going away.  Use throw overs rather than hard side panniers, but I must admit I would like a set of hard side panniers, just too expensive for me.
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.

tork

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 October 2013, 03:52:10 pm »
The givi top box looks really nice. Would have hated cutting holes in the panels if I got the yamaha top box. I'll probably go for the givi box myself after seeing how it looks on your bike. Great choice. :D

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2013, 08:58:19 am »
The givi top box looks really nice. Would have hated cutting holes in the panels if I got the yamaha top box. I'll probably go for the givi box myself after seeing how it looks on your bike. Great choice. :D

No worries Tork, glad it's been of help, I was really struggling to get 'real life' photos myself for a tough choice when coming to messing the lines of the bike up visually but as posted earlier, have hardly noticed it on the back even when taking the 'longer route' to and from work (when weather permits) or on the motorway even when it's packed up with all my work stuff  :D
Porquoi moi?