Date: 20-05-24  Time: 06:55 am

Author Topic: One of the best bikes I think Ive owned!  (Read 3573 times)

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
One of the best bikes I think Ive owned!
« on: 10 January 2012, 07:31:28 pm »
I've got to say that out of nearly all the bikes I've owned over the last 20 odd years (and I've had a few as I'm always chopping and changing!) my fazer 600 is one of the best all round bikes I think I've ever had.
I bought in November it as a non runner for £1350 with 9,000 miles on, its a T reg 1999. A quick strip and clean out of the carbs, new battery, tyres and a service and what a bike! I do all the work myself so have saved a fortune and I believe I got a good deal after looking on ebay and bike trader I cant find a fazer that cheap with that mileage in such good condition!
I use the bike every day as a commuter into London around 80 miles a day and its so comfortable, I'm 5'11 and get no aches or pains. It goes like a rocket for a 600 and handles really well, and the brakes are superb (well the front one is) the back could do with an overhaul but is ok for now.
The only mods I've done is fit heated grips, the headlight mod, a delkevic Stainless can and a rear hugger.
Absolutely love it!
Sorry for going on about it for so long, I just had to say what a F**king marvellous bike for the money. :rollin

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: One of the best bikes I think Ive owned!
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2012, 09:09:49 pm »
Hehehe....good man and yeah i'm sure you'll find a lot of people that feel the same way. I'm on my second 600 and just love 'em.....i'll always want to own one and will miss em when they're all dead and buried  :'(

crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2012, 05:31:50 am »
totally agree I have had a couple of much bigger bikes than the fazer but nothing as good
expectation is the foundation of disappointment if you can be happy with nothing then serenaty is yours

Lumpy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Blackbird XX-W, XS1100E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2012, 01:40:17 pm »
totally agree I have had a couple of much bigger bikes than the fazer but nothing as good
obviously bought the wrong bigger bikes  :rollin

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2012, 06:42:51 pm »
Yeah but you can use all the power of the little fazer. Ive had FZR 1000's GSXR1000's and a Fazer 1000, 2 1200 Bandits as bigger bikes, and in this country, theres hardly anywhere you can use all the power (properly, without getting nicked) unless you do track days. Oh yeah and I was banned twice for speeding, once on the Gixer doing and the other one was the FZR1000.

Lumpy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Blackbird XX-W, XS1100E
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2012, 10:54:15 pm »
Yeah but you can use all the power of the little fazer. Ive had FZR 1000's GSXR1000's and a Fazer 1000, 2 1200 Bandits as bigger bikes, and in this country, theres hardly anywhere you can use all the power (properly, without getting nicked) unless you do track days. Oh yeah and I was banned twice for speeding, once on the Gixer doing and the other one was the FZR1000.
can't use all the power for very long on any UK tracks, even on the Ring the Bird was only full power down the home straight.

crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2012, 07:17:16 am »
obviously bought the wrong bigger bikes  :rollin
2 fj1200's
expectation is the foundation of disappointment if you can be happy with nothing then serenaty is yours

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2012, 03:48:23 pm »
I somtimes think of changing -for a thou but then I read posts like the above ones and think- no ill keep it.Had it 11 years so far and I like to think that I know every little noise and nut and bolt and cant be bothered with a new learning curve in those respects
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

ZiggyCol

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Multistrada 950
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2012, 04:55:33 pm »
I've had 2 600s (square-eye and then a foxeye) prior to my current Gen1 thou and they are fantastic allrounders - I commute, play at weekends and have toured in Europe. On the demise of my second I would have happily had a third - I've never got on with the FZ6.

But even the last of the FZS600s was getting on a bit and the lure of a thou a couple of years younger was just too great, particularly at the bargain prices they were available at. To date I've not regretted it - the thou does everything the 600 does and it's just that bit more relaxed and comfortable for longer distances and also built better, and of course goes like stink.

The only down side is that mooted in this thread - you just don't get as much opportunity to wring the 1000's neck like you could the 600 because it is just so damn fast and because of this it can seem like a bit less fun.
....----////   Life is not a rehearsal   \\\\----....

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2012, 05:03:50 pm »
Sorted Ill have one of those as well----- how do you like them apples !!!
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2012, 07:03:46 am »
I didnt like the FZ6 either. Never felt at ease with it, bit snatchy and didnt think it handled as well as the FZS600. Also had a Gen1 thou for 2 years, absolutely loved it! Mike from Spain fitted an Ivans kit and it transformed it totally. Too fast in the end, I think if  I had carried on the way I was going, I would have been either dead or in prison!  :evil