Date: 21-05-24  Time: 13:51 pm

Author Topic: Fz1 remap  (Read 2740 times)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Fz1 remap
« on: 07 May 2013, 02:19:42 pm »
Has anyone UK based had a remap rather than just the power commander? I've heard a bit about it from our USA cousins, but don't know if there's anyone over here that does/can do it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Fz1 remap
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2013, 10:32:18 pm »
From what i have read from over the water it is alot cheaper to use a power commander,pc5 in your instance than have a remap.Unless you find a second hand one like i did,
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2013, 08:20:44 am »
I assume you mean an ecu reflash. Ifso, there is a at least one european company doing it.
However, the results seem to be mediocre at best. The market isn't big enough (for the FZ1) to justify countless hours of development for these companies.
Wait till Ivan has completed his testing, because if he releases a reflashed ecu it'll be the finished article & worth purchasing.
Bear in mind though that Ivan himself says a PC will still be necessary as there are so many permutations of tune that one single fuelling map wouldn't suit everyone.
Edit: I've reread your post & you mean a custom map. Which map are you using at the minute? There's dozens to choose from now. When I had mine done in '06 none were available & a custom tune was the only option. Now there's dozens of good maps for all states of tune & some are very very good. As to your question there's umpteen tuners in the UK. Google Dynocentres.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2013, 09:11:45 am by DekF »

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2013, 04:08:09 pm »
Yeah I heard that Ivan was playing with the ecu, and I've also seen a lot of pro/con discussions about it. I believe that the reflash or whatever it is removes the restrictions in the first three gears >:D which is really what I'm after.
I just wondered of there was anyone reputable over in Blighty that could do it.

There was a program for Aprilia, and triumphs on t'interweb that you could put your own maps on your own bike, it was brilliant! Even I managed to use it on my Tiger with dramatic results, not sure if any ecu experts could unlock the fz1 so we could use it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: 08 May 2013, 04:11:21 pm by stevierst »
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!