Date: 28-04-24  Time: 17:33 pm

Author Topic: Fazers in MCN  (Read 4580 times)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Fazers in MCN
« Reply #25 on: 21 February 2013, 05:40:33 pm »
Well, after being the first to reply to him and then him PMing me and organising a time to ring me back then he never called. I'm guessing he spoke to someone else about the FZS600 but it would have been nice of him to let me know he wasn't needing to speak to me, I was quite excited about speaking to him but was pretty Foced off when he never bothered to phone or Pm to say he wasn't going to.

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 February 2013, 06:57:28 pm »
Hasn't replied to my pm either. :'(
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 February 2013, 01:02:38 pm »
Can't understand why he doesn't want to do an article on the Fazer 8, after all, it's the best. :lol

Especially the white ones with gold wheels. :)
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.

Tilts

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Gas Gas EC300
    • View Profile
    • Dirtcadets.com
« Reply #28 on: 23 February 2013, 03:48:41 pm »
it'll cost you.
Don't bullshit me, and I wont bullshit you.

andydrz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 February 2013, 07:46:31 pm »
Jon did an article on my Kawasaki last year. He is a good guy. Had a great day talking about bikes and silly things that happen on bike launches  :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 23 February 2013, 08:31:49 pm »
Sounds like a nice guy....with a tittish attitude...everyone's busy these days but no need to not be courteous  or stand people up like that...especially after joining a forum for that sole purpose, fair enough if he had a fazer himself, no doubt someone will tell me he has now! But seriously it,makes me wonder what kinda folk are supposed to be telling me what bike i should be buying...i'd rather stick to my fazer & spend the magazine cash on upgrading it.

Was he really gonna visit chris up in shetland???
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 February 2013, 08:41:28 pm »
Ok so my last post was a bit arsey & unfair coz the guys just tryin to earn a living & who blames him for researching through forums, but still needs to appreciate that he could be messing around with folk that are also trying to make a living & would appreciate him not wasting their time.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 February 2013, 10:20:53 pm »
I can't see what the problem is. I think Jon is doing an article for MCN and quite rightly is asking those in the know?

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 February 2013, 10:30:09 pm »
I totally agree this is the best way for him to get info about the Fazer and i'd have been more than happy to speak to him of my experience with the bike. I do however feel a bit peeved at setting aside time for him and then he never called and didn't give me a courtesy call or PM to say he'd got all the info he needed.

It is not the way to make friends/connections and connections are everything when it comes to the media. I certainly won't be jumping at the chance to help him out in the future but had he been polite and let me know he wasn't going to call I would have totally understood and be more than happy to help him in the future.

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 February 2013, 10:53:22 pm »
I totally agree this is the best way for him to get info about the Fazer and i'd have been more than happy to speak to him of my experience with the bike. I do however feel a bit peeved at setting aside time for him and then he never called and didn't give me a courtesy call or PM to say he'd got all the info he needed.

It is not the way to make friends/connections and connections are everything when it comes to the media. I certainly won't be jumping at the chance to help him out in the future but had he been polite and let me know he wasn't going to call I would have totally understood and be more than happy to help him in the future.

Chris

Quite agree.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Mutleyx

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Fireblade 954
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 February 2013, 08:40:31 pm »
Did'nt mcn quote this about the FZS600 :- But it does look kinda 80s disco from some angles and it's also a bit greedy on fuel.