Date: 25-04-24  Time: 16:32 pm

Author Topic: Insensitive reporting  (Read 4890 times)

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Insensitive reporting
« Reply #25 on: 06 August 2015, 08:49:22 pm »
I drove past the one accident, seen them trying to  resutate ?him it was the red ducati he didn't look good, helmet was off, gut wrenching because there is nothing you can do,. so sad....
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

evesdad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2010 z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 August 2015, 09:21:58 pm »
The second accident was not far from my home,got caught in the traffic after the third one on our way to cardiff. Sad to see the ducatti on the side of the road travelling home later.Radio wales had quite a balanced phone in about the weekend fatalities/accidents on monday morning where the general conclusion was ALL road users need to take more care.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 August 2015, 09:39:14 pm »
The second accident was not far from my home,got caught in the traffic after the third one on our way to cardiff. Sad to see the ducatti on the side of the road travelling home later.Radio wales had quite a balanced phone in about the weekend fatalities/accidents on monday morning where the general conclusion was ALL road users need to take more care.

Good shout Evesdad, very true that.

Same reason i refuse to have a "baby on board" sign on my car, much to the amusement and ridicule of my wife & inlaws.......safe use of the road, regardless of who is aboard.

They even made me up a home made one to wind me up and i was contemplating sticking it on the back of my tail pack the other day to see how funny they thought it was then......might have stopped red98 tailgating me last weekend....especially when i was braking, he was so close (sorry red ;) )
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 August 2015, 09:50:17 pm »
I thought that baby on board was in the case of an accident the services would then be alerted that there still could be a baby somewhere in the wreckage safe and sound hopefully the small person -in a small place.

Which reminds me of a get my goat which will be my next post
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 August 2015, 09:53:09 pm »
I thought that baby on board was in the case of an accident the services would then be alerted that there still could be a baby somewhere in the wreckage safe and sound hopefully the small person -in a small place.

Which reminds me of a get my goat which will be my next post

I always thought it was just cheap tat that folk who couldnt drive purchased to gloat about having a baby.

Interesting spin though mr sharp....i suspect a smart arse made up that bit though........not you may i add, didnt mean that....really hope you dont have one though

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 06 August 2015, 10:03:23 pm »
Yes I am a smart arse and how dare you say I am not.
Kids are old enough to have there own now but I never did have one.
We did have in our old house a sticker in the kids bedroom window which was something like "rescue baby in here " with a logo of a fire man which was why I thought the baby on board was to alert the rescue services

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06 August 2015, 10:26:17 pm »
Yes I am a smart arse and how dare you say I am not.
Kids are old enough to have there own now but I never did have one.
We did have in our old house a sticker in the kids bedroom window which was something like "rescue baby in here " with a logo of a fire man which was why I thought the baby on board was to alert the rescue services

Still interesting....i suspect much the same as the on board car stickers though...seems a good idea but in reality perhaps not required although im not dissing you on that as it isnt quite the same as driving. My old man is a retired firefighter though and ive never heard of that before...i know they were tought to check properly and be particularly aware of kids hiding in cupboards and under beds....not a fireman myself so not entirely sure but i doubt they'd notice a sticker with all the smoke & thinking about it you could have a baby in the living room yet the sticker is on the bedroom window and if a fireman ran passed the living room to get to the empty bedroom and then became trapped himself while also going straight passed the casualties then that wouldn't be too good.....much like driving in that respect then the proffesional standard must be maintained regardless of outside influences ....and so searching properly as trained...every time is best maybe,...much like driving as well as possible...every time is best.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 August 2015, 10:42:08 pm »
yeh i think you are right ----- come to think of it - it was a very American looking fireman helmet silhouette, cant remember where it came from as that was 21 years ago

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 August 2015, 10:49:27 pm »
yeh i think you are right ----- come to think of it - it was a very American looking fireman helmet silhouette, cant remember where it came from as that was 21 years ago

Wont be long before we get our "illegal immigrant onboard" plaques anyway........should keep the authorities off our tail :b

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 August 2015, 11:41:50 pm »
Quote from: noggythenog
I always thought it was just cheap tat that folk who couldnt drive purchased to gloat about having a baby.

I'm with Noggy - I thought legally kids of all sizes and shapes had to be secured in appropriately designed seat boosters until a certain age / height. So there should be no reason for anyone to obscure their rear view just to advertise the fact that despite their poor taste at some point in their lives they actually managed to get a leg over.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2015, 12:04:15 am by PieEater »

7omly

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 August 2015, 10:33:03 pm »
The media in general are a bunch of forty faced tw*ts. They are negative in almost every aspect of  motorcycling  but when they want to sell you something or jazz up a movie  they use motorcycles.  Bunch of c*nts.
Never underestimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 August 2015, 11:34:30 pm »
Would all depend what news you watch?? BBC N Ireland reported on a special motor cycling event that is taking place this weekend 40th year? some Honda model  ( 500 vee twin thingy celebration) Npthing to do with the fact that the fastest road race in the world takes place tomorrow.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer