Date: 01-05-24  Time: 05:32 am

Author Topic: Paramedic and patient dies after crash  (Read 828 times)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Paramedic and patient dies after crash
« on: 01 July 2014, 07:00:10 pm »
I see the driver of a car that was involved in a fatal crash with an Ambulance has been cleared of all charges. He said " I checked my right wing mirror but not my rear view mirror or my blind spot"
The Ambulance was taking a patient to Hospital.  The road was arrow straight and had been for over a mile with no dips. The Ambulance was using its Blue lights. 
All I can say is God help the rest of us if he never saw that coming? 

Two dead in New Forest ambulance crash
26 April 2013 Last updated at 20:19

Police are investigating what caused the ambulance to leave the road
The driver and an elderly patient were killed when an ambulance left the road in the New Forest and hit a tree.

Another crew member and a relative of the patient suffered serious injuries in the crash on the A337 Brockenhurst to Lyndhurst road.

A 25-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by driving without due care and attention.

The crew member was airlifted to hospital. The relative was taken by ambulance.

Police said a female paramedic had been driving when the vehicle left the road.

She died at the scene along with the elderly patient, who has not been named.

Police investigating the accident had closed the A337, but the road was reopened on Friday evening.

In a statement a South Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust spokesman said the ambulance was on its way to Southampton General Hospital when the crash happened at about 09:35 BST.

Senior investigating officer Insp Kirsty Shannon said: "Contrary to rumours circulating, there is no suggestion any wildlife was involved."

The arrested driver, who was driving a blue Seat Alhambra, was uninjured.

Witnesses to the collision are asked to contact the Road Death Investigation Team at Eastleigh on 101, quoting Operation Feldberg.
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Paramedic and patient dies after crash
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2014, 08:58:37 pm »
Sounds like he only uses a mirror to put his makeup on.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist