Date: 17-05-24  Time: 19:36 pm

Author Topic: One for Cable Tie  (Read 3365 times)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
One for Cable Tie
« on: 07 December 2011, 05:17:28 pm »
Hi Dave

Your first Fazer is doing well, mate ... I took it for a nice run in the sun today.   ;)

It's living in my garage until Fitz moves over here to live permanently towards the end of 2012.  Felt odd at first to be riding one with original suspension ... much taller than mine ... and it felt a lot heavier, too.  Even moving it around the garage I feel the difference.

Am I right in thinking you altered the gearing?  I think there's a 45T rear sprocket - did you also fit a 15T front?

Still only got 7,600 miles on the clock!  Runs lovely, as you'd expect. :)

Cheers!

Mike

PS.  December 7th, vented leathers, 22c ... yeah, I can feel the love from here.  :lol

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: One for Cable Tie
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2011, 06:39:39 pm »
same colours as mine, but looks so much better with a black bellypan rather than the colour coded one i have.
oh and its cleaner to :P

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2011, 08:10:49 pm »
Bloody hell, how many years has he had that now looks exactly as the day i sold it him, and watched it ride out my street and me standing there thinking i should have not sold it  :'(   the gearing is stock apart from the rear as i think at the time thats the only size sprox i could get and going up on the rear the speedo read exactly as per the twat nav so is bang on i think.

taking into account i did spain on that bike, bilboa back home so he cant have done many miles .

strange how my old bikes turn up, i had 2004 blade before that gen1 and the other day that appeared on ebay with only 1000 miles added to it since i sold, and still immaculate, however that gen 1 was the start to the only bike ive owned 3 of so must be GOOD.

Dave.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2011, 11:08:52 pm »
It's still in immaculate condition, Dave, and has probably done less than 2000 miles since you sold it, 700 of which accounted for the move from the UK to its present home.

It pulls like a champ as is and the extra tooth on the rear sprocket evidently corrects for the average pessimistic speedo error.

So, I'm faster than I thought I was ...  :lol

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2011, 11:14:40 pm »
Lovely Mike, but Akrapovic AND Meccano?
Only jealous, it's bloody freezin' here!  :rolleyes
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 December 2011, 11:48:36 pm »
Lovely Mike, but Akrapovic AND Meccano?

That Meccano bracket you will never guess where its from!!!      electric garage door operator it connects the motor to the door so  heavy duty i cut it down put a bend in it and had it chromed, the akro sits higher than standard i cut across the link pipe and than closed the cut up by bending the pipe to desired position than tig welded it back up.

The seat was from P&P and i think it has gillies chain adjusters there for a r1 and i adapted to fit gen 1, the wheels was my 1st ever attempt at polishing and wish i never started it but once you do there aint no going back so had to finish what i started.

Dave  :D

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2011, 08:18:34 am »
The crease in the mid-pipe caught my eye but I couldn't figure out why.  I was also admiring the chain adjusters and wondering why I hadn't seen more like them on Gen 1s.

Now I know. :)

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 December 2011, 12:30:53 pm »
Its so shiny I had to cover my eyes from the glare !  :lol

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 December 2011, 03:02:45 pm »
Its so shiny I had to cover my eyes from the glare !  :lol

True, it does have a plaque under the seat which says 'Built by Yamaha, Polished by Dave'.  :rollin

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 08 December 2011, 08:06:01 pm »
Very tidy.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad