Date: 09-05-24  Time: 08:59 am

Author Topic: newbie  (Read 1441 times)

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« on: 10 March 2013, 04:27:51 pm »
hello all, bri h here. im new to this computer malarky so i dont know if anyone will see this. anyway ive had my fz1s for 5 years and love it to bits. i thought about leaving mothers day to the wife and kids by getting out on me bike but i felt the icy blast of wind and thought sod it ill make the missus a cup of tea afterall. im 56 and me old bones feel the cold. i work nights and  we have a particularly stupid rota system so its difficult to play at the same time as most people but i do get to dodge the potholes when the roads are fairly quiet.i live near ascot so go to the usual places (wooden hut, p and h)well thats a short intro and probably as interesting as i get so ill clear off and take my old mum her turkish delight. shes 84 and mad as an old lady bless her.bye for now
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2013, 05:31:13 pm »
Welcome Bri,hope you enjoy the site,i've been a member for less than a year & it's ace,if you need help theres no shortage of folk willing to help,theres lots o banter,lots o silly questions that you keep to yurself until you see someone else post them up & then it's a flurry of people suddenly chipping in :lol ,

I do shifts too & its great being able to get out on the week day empty welsh mountain roads.

Most of all this forum is a great alternative to stuff like facebook & twitter because lets face it who really wants to see loads o pictures of other folks kids unless your in the jimmy saville club or a do gooder or an oxygen thief :eek ,[size=78%]it's far better to pop on here & talk bikes, cars, mechanical jiggerypokery,ive never been in a forum before but apparently they dont come much friendly than this one.[/size]

You'll find yur way round the site soon enough but for good order theres a different forum for each type of bike so try keeping say fzs600 related stuff in the fzs600 part or it takes up the admins time moving it,theres also a general forum for basically talking about whatever you want or general bikey stuff,admins have just adjusted the way that you upload photos ( we all love pics) so worth a read.

God im going off on one now :z      Take it easy and enjoy 8) 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2013, 06:52:57 pm »
Hey,

Welcome to the forum! I work nights too  8)

Chris
« Last Edit: 10 March 2013, 07:05:25 pm by Chris »

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2013, 07:02:10 pm »
Greetings Bri and welcome to the foc-ers!  I'm another shift worker, so I know how you feel for getting out on the weekend your off. Good choice of bike too! 8) so lets see a piccy of your pride and Joy ;D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2013, 07:13:23 pm »
Hi ya Bri , you poor old shift workers,

I am pleased to hear you like your gen 2 as i got  an 07-8 one in september, done lots of mods to it and it is quite awsome, especially since i lower the gearing on the front sprocket, you done any mods to yours?

Billy
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2013, 02:04:48 am »
hello gents, thanks for the quick replies,i wasnt expecting that. i ride the 08 model and appart from heated grips its bog standard so no pics yet. ive got a couple of pics taken when it was loaded up for  the weekend trip to snetterton but i have to get the kids to show me how to upload them. i love bsb so im looking forward to the 7th april at brands- hope to meet some of you there.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist