Date: 28-04-24  Time: 08:24 am

Author Topic: Massive DOH!  (Read 895 times)

msewelly

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Massive DOH!
« on: 12 June 2014, 01:44:51 pm »
Hello all,

Just rode the fazer round some beautiful bends, when I was stopped I noticed the left hand side of the engine was making a very small "ticking". Getting worried I decided to head back home, to be honest I thought it could be the cam chain, however upon me looking I noticed the HT lead was vibrating abit too much, I then looked and saw the spark plug had become loosened so it had a tiny amount of play in it. I did actually remove that spark plug a few days back but I made sure it was hand tight with a small turn with the spark plug socket, it had no play at all? I'm just waiting for the engine to cool down, then I'll tighten it up and hopefully that ticking will vanish......Massive fail moment  :rolleyes

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: Massive DOH!
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2014, 03:04:13 pm »
Wouldn't call it a fail fella - been there done that, and worse!

Ever cleaned your rear calliper up, re-fitted it, gone for a ride then realised you've forgotten to fit the pads  :lol Now that's a fail  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Massive DOH!
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2014, 04:16:46 pm »
Wouldn't call it a fail fella - been there done that, and worse!

Ever cleaned your rear calliper up, re-fitted it, gone for a ride then realised you've forgotten to fit the pads  :lol Now that's a fail  :lol

No pads! :eek That's pretty bad  :lol I once tightened my chain and only did the axle nut up hand tight :eek Luckily I checked it at a short spin