Date: 03-05-24  Time: 10:32 am

Author Topic: PANNIERS AND SEAT  (Read 3025 times)

DaleH

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - trailer
    • View Profile
PANNIERS AND SEAT
« on: 07 September 2013, 10:02:19 pm »
okay guys got a fazer 600 currently have a topbox fitted but really need more space would like some panniers and a comfier seat for longer journeys ( possible a gel one) can anybody help me with either of these? thanks

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: PANNIERS AND SEAT
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2013, 10:11:21 pm »
Custom seat with gel insert for rider from P&P seating is £295,
£340 for gel insert for both rider and pillion
You can get a bean bag cushion thing off eBay for about £25 which is decent enough on long motorway journeys but personally I don't like it for town riding as it raises the seat height.
Quite tricky to get pannier fitting kits for the older fzs model now, have to be a hawk on eBay or get some made-
The parts that fit to the pannier boxes (bolt posts and the lock point) can be bought from givi for about £12 a set, so if you have access to welding equipment or a mate that has you can make your own side racks pretty dam cheap, which is what I've done in the past!
Some say...

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2013, 10:25:43 pm »
You can get a bean bag cushion thing off eBay for about £25 which is decent enough on long motorway journeys but personally I don't like it for town riding as it raises the seat height.
Quite tricky to get pannier fitting kits for the older fzs model now, have to be a hawk on eBay or get some made-
The parts that fit to the pannier boxes (bolt posts and the lock point) can be bought from givi for about £12 a set, so if you have access to welding equipment or a mate that has you can make your own side racks pretty dam cheap, which is what I've done in the past!

What's wrong with soft panniers, Punk? I've used them on all my bikes withou any problems.
The Deef's apprentice

DaleH

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - trailer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2013, 10:32:25 pm »
christo i am bidding on them panniers you found me ( the 1st set ) im just trying to find if i can get some solid panniers incase i dont win them

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2013, 12:14:12 am »

What's wrong with soft panniers, Punk? I've used them on all my bikes withou any problems.
Absolutely nothing, I have a set of soft panniers too, just making folks aware they don't have to spend £200+ on wingracks etc when the bits and bobs for fitting boxes can be purchased for £12 plus time spent bending and welding metal!
Some say...

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2013, 11:24:21 am »

Absolutely nothing, I have a set of soft panniers too, just making folks aware they don't have to spend £200+ on wingracks etc when the bits and bobs for fitting boxes can be purchased for £12 plus time spent bending and welding metal!

Which is always a satisfying man job as well!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #6 on: 08 September 2013, 01:01:05 pm »
I got a Viper touring seat (p+p also) for £140 (eBay snipe). It is nice looking, well made and comfy. No gel insert though, but I'm sure it could have one fitted if required.
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

scubamarkt

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - GSX600F
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2013, 02:17:35 pm »
I got a set of richa soft panniers from ghost bike in Preston been using them for a couple of weeks now more room than my topbox and look good
380635324343 eBay item number:
« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 02:18:06 pm by scubamarkt »
I am to old to know everything

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2013, 04:22:30 pm »
I have a set of panniers sat in the garage never been used.

budgiemurray

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2013, 07:38:32 pm »
okay guys got a fazer 600 currently have a topbox fitted but really need more space would like some panniers and a comfier seat for longer journeys ( possible a gel one) can anybody help me with either of these? thanks
Going by what Punkstig says about the fitting kit being buyable Ive got a Givi wing rack (side plates and top plate - was on my VFR before I sold it)  with the built in indicators I may consider parting with.. all you would need to do is change over the fitting rails  punkstig mentions..
Make me an offer if your interested

Budgie

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 September 2013, 09:42:38 pm »
This guy "Dave Digger" did a cracking job on a Corbin style seat for my Tiger. Supplied him a seat (from Ebay delivered to him) and it was £140 inc postage for a design of your choice, piping colour etc. I didn't have gel pads fitted but worth a try.

Oh yeah......he's also the guy who made the seat for Billy Connely's trike when he made his touring Britain series  :D  so he knows his stuff!!

http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/Home.html
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2013, 11:46:26 am »

Long way round!  :)

Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.