Date: 19-05-24  Time: 23:45 pm

Author Topic: R6 Shock from Kebab  (Read 1531 times)

Pike

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Lewis Tisdall
R6 Shock from Kebab
« on: 29 June 2016, 10:44:27 pm »
Thanks for the R6 shock Kebab!

It went in so easily, everything was almost instant, except lining up the top mount which took a little while.

I took my bike for a ride as it came, with close to stock R6 settings and it was race track stiff, so I loosened everything up 3/4 clicks and knocked off 1 preload (1 less than standard, I have a heavier weight spring than ideal for 1up riding) and now the bike is more of a pogo stick than the original. And that's a good thing! I can't believe there is so much adjustment, I thought it was merely going to allow fine tuning.

So I just need to tighten everything up 2 clicks and I think I'll be golden!

I definitely recommend the conversion, I also put 15wt oil in the forks and they are 10 fold better, although that's probably because the fork oil may have never been changed before.

Pike

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Lewis Tisdall
Re: R6 Shock from Kebab
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2016, 05:59:29 pm »
Very nearly got it perfect now. Thank you Kebab!

HJFazer

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2016, 11:14:29 am »
Hi,

Out of interest, how technical is the work involved? I'm a mechanical noob so while I'm contemplating this, I'm not sure I'd be able to do it myself.

Cheers

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2016, 12:43:15 pm »
Pike,
You're welcome  :) , let us know if you arrive at any unusual suspension settings.

HJFazer,
Original thread here:
http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,8167.0.html

I also sell fully converted shocks for those who want them, tho supplies are getting thinner all the time, I only have 2 left  :\

Pike

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Lewis Tisdall
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2016, 01:22:41 pm »
I made a minor adjustment to rebound and now I don't think I could actually get a better rear shock (Although I'm sure I could find a better adjustment if I tried, but don't want to spend time fiddling with it now).

It actually wasn't difficult to fit at all for me on my own, I just put a little toolkit box under the rear wheel and all the holes lined up.