Date: 27-05-24  Time: 11:01 am

Author Topic: Winter use and preparation  (Read 6159 times)

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Winter use and preparation
« Reply #25 on: 18 September 2013, 02:29:05 pm »
I've always used acf50 on connectors and other electrical bits, spark plugs etc - it's a corrosion inhibitor so it's good for that. It's also good as a lube for cables.

Spraying from the aerosol can is a messy business though, it sort of spits and dribbles out - think I'll look into using a spray pump bottle next time.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 September 2013, 10:59:24 pm »
I use mine all year round, but not in the wet if I can help it, if you get home dry then don't wash the bike even if there's salt on the road, wash it next fine day whan you can go out to dry it off and heat the brakes up, I give the fork legs a spray with WD40 if they're wet, my bikes 7 years old and 32k on the clock and though not perfect it's not bad.

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 September 2013, 10:26:00 pm »
Porridge in the morning.

got the hot grips, just need to fit them now, not tried the muffs - will have to try and dig them out. wasn't quite the quote I meant to do, still getting the hang of this but porridge - fair one  :lol
« Last Edit: 24 September 2013, 10:27:55 pm by david095 »
Porquoi moi?

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 September 2013, 10:31:51 pm »
Hoping to be using my Fazer8 as much as possible over the winter months, any one got tips or nuggets of wisdom/experience on what to use and how to keep it in as good nick as possible?

cheers

David

Get a winter hack and put your F8 in the garage.....ice, snow, sleet, slush, salt, grit, grease......if you come off a winter hack then no worries.

got a four wheeled winter hack for when it gets proper sh*tty, not that much of an all year rounder - got to be a bit of a compromise there at my age?
Porquoi moi?

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 September 2013, 10:38:25 pm »
Hi all, thanks for all the feed back chaps, had never heard of ACF 50 and always had old bikes in the past so never really worried about it too much but seems like its the way to go when weather turns 'salty'

Remarks about brake discs def taken on board both with acf 50 and rusting, might invest in a couple of cans of compressed air for the brakes?

cheers

David
Porquoi moi?

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 25 September 2013, 07:09:14 am »
Or borrow a hair dryer?