Date: 25-04-24  Time: 06:32 am

Author Topic: Anybody has ridden a GSXR 1100?  (Read 11604 times)

fazed600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki GSXR1000 K7
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody has ridden a GSXR 1100?
« Reply #25 on: 23 June 2013, 09:45:13 am »
That is the colour scheme I want for this bike. Suzuki should do a modern version of this colour scheme.

Motorbreath

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - YZF1000R ThunderAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 June 2013, 12:49:35 am »
No MOT passed, electrical system failing in many ways, broken right mirror, lots of rust, illegal can without MOT chances. I haven no place to restore it. If at least it passed MOT...

But it was a lot of fun, I loved to ride it. It seems to eat front tyres too! My Fazer felt almost like a bicycle when returned home :(

Motorbreath

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - YZF1000R ThunderAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 June 2013, 10:26:43 am »
I forgot to mention there were an awful lot of vibes at about 5000 rpm (normal cruising speed). If it is the common thing for this model I do not want it anymore. I couldn't stand it for 10 minutes!

It would slower than the little Fazer at twisty roads too.

Am I just self-convincing? :lol

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 June 2013, 12:29:50 pm »
I would love one - it would have to be in the black and purple colour scheme though with purple wheels. It is the bike that got me into bikes in 1991 I was in France and went on the back of one, great machine, no shortage of character. Would have to a be second bike in my collection, to go with my K7.
I guess it is what it is - too much engine and weight in too little chassis (in comparison to most newer sports bikes) but if you can accept that it should be great for a blast.

like this one ?

Currently up for sale for £1600
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

fazed600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki GSXR1000 K7
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 June 2013, 10:36:17 pm »
Almost - the yellow R isn't right and it looks more purple & black rather than black & purple.
Anyway its a bit academic as SWMBO isn't letting me add another bike to the garage! Shame really as you won't lose anything on depreciation if you find a good originalish one at the right price.