Date: 30-03-24  Time: 08:54 am

Author Topic: A taste of the dark side.. Hayabusa  (Read 3787 times)

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
A taste of the dark side.. Hayabusa
« on: 04 June 2013, 11:18:44 pm »
Well this evening I got a play on a brand spanking new Hayabusa.  :D

I love my thou but them things are in a totally different class all together..
The power is effortless. nice and gentle but when you open them up it is like warp speed.. Very quick but so easy to control at high and low speed. suspension soaks up everything so well.
If I have one complaint it was the standard screen being too low, a little higher and it would have been perfect. When you tuck your head down it is eerily quiet and the speed you are doing is very deceptive!

Made my thou feel like a toy and more like a revvy 600 in comparison.. I am smitten, I want one lol
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: A taste of the dark side.. Hayabusa
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2013, 08:33:51 am »
*shudder*

the very name "Hyabusa" makes my sphincter tighten!!

Went to a funeral of a good mate - my bike was off the road so I went Pillion another guys Hyabusa. Getting to the funeral was ok - 50ish mph down a dual carriageway.

On the way back was a different story. along another dual carriageway to head to a "burger van" for coffee and food - he opened it up (a little).

f*ck me - crapped meself constantly. when he accelerated I could feel meself rolling of the back of the bike, feet coming off the pegs. arms were locked tight against the rear grab handle.

with my fazer, it pulls until it cant pull anymore (FZS600). The Busa didnt seem to have a limit - it kept pulling and pulling. One of the saving graces is that my visor misted up so I couldnt see a fecking thing.

when we got off, the guy admitted that he held back a bit since the roads were damp :O

I will NEVER EVER go pillion on a sports bike again!!

But I did thank him for teaching me that adrenaline was brown!!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2013, 09:55:36 am »

But I did thank him for teaching me that adrenaline was brown!!

Hahaha Very good line.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 June 2013, 10:09:40 am »
This is why no matter what bike I'm on if I take pillion I always keep the topbox on even if its empty, they can't fall off the back then, piece of mind for me and them, I want people to become interested in bikes not scared of them!
Some say...

MarchRide

• Big Lump o' Sex
    Prefers his pussies ginger!
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 June 2013, 10:29:42 am »
I had a spin on a brand new not even a day old Busa one evening last week. Surprisingly comfortable, and felt planted due to the low C of G. Did not give it any beans as (a) my mate had just got it, (b) new tyres, only 91 miles, and (c) damp roads. Hopefully I'll get another opportunity for a play on it in better conditions and when it's run in.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 June 2013, 05:52:00 pm »
It was the new 2013 model with the Brembo brakes. Was built this Monday and had 230 miles on the clock when I got on it... I am a very lucky boy lol.

As impressive as it is I will keep the thou. Could easily lose your licence or your life on a thing like that.

But yes I agree it does not seem to have a limit. Well not in the realms of normality anyway.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2013, 10:25:20 am »
lad in work had one, one of the most beautiful looking bikes IMHO.
I sat on it but it felt tiny, I'm 6ft 1 and just sitting astride it my legs were nearly doubled up with my feet on the floor, seat seemed very low!
interesting fact.... hayabusa is Japanese for hawk or some kind of hawk (cant remember which)
Honda brought out the Blackbird which was fast and Suzuki named theirs Hayabusa after the hawk that hunts down and kills blackbirds.........I thought that was very clever when I first heard it
fire never sleeps

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 June 2013, 10:34:00 pm »
Just came back from a euro trip to italy, one of the chaps had a busa, on a few occasions he or i opened the bikes up ,at the same time, up to about 140 . i never noticed any difference in acceleration speed from his busa to my FZ1s , i know mine would run out of beans at 150 and his would go up to ? = lots
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 June 2013, 10:46:11 pm »
I would go out on a limb and say he was taking it easy lol.. My gen 1 isn't standard and I was able to out drag my mate on my bike. He is not one to take it easy on other peoples bikes either!

As for top speed they are electronically limited to 186mph
Lord,
Amen

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 June 2013, 09:43:58 pm »
Before you buy a Busa, try a ZZR1400. It's even better. I know cos I've got one. (Smarty pants toothy grin!)

Now, while it's true that it makes my Fazer 1000 feel a bit under engined at times (massive understatement) and is leagues ahead in terms of class - suspension action, high speed stability, fit and finish - I find myself riding the Fazer more. The Fazer 1000 (Gen 1, of course) is quite simply the most useable bike ever built and if I had to sell one, it would be the ZZR.

The Fazer is always on your side, but the ZZR does not suffer fools gladly. You're constantly aware that it will kick your head in if you get cheeky with it. The sports riding position gets old during most of the riding you get to do in this country, too, but on a European trip it's astoundingly good and an effortless mile eater. The fuel economy at 100mph cruising is around 48-49 to the gallon and it's very comfy on open roads too. The only trouble is, once you get to the Alps, you wish you'd brought the Fazer because a Fazer's a chuckable, revvy buzzbomb that eats those twisty roads. The ZZR's just a bit too bulky and heavy and not as much fun.

Totally understand the 'want' factor though. The Busa and ZZR are epic bikes - as in Biblical amounts of never ending torque and Old Testament amounts of awe inspiring acceleration. Everyone should have one once.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2013, 11:20:04 pm »
Both the busa and ZZR are amazing bikes but alas due to my bulky frame I could not see me ever buying one at 6'3 and 17 stone (of muscle honest  :lol ) they are just not suitable. Given the size and presence of the busa I was surprised how cramped the riding position was. Having never ridden a sports bike I think it took me by surprise.
I have always wanted an R1 and was aware I would be a fool to buy one so got my thou as the next best thing.

I dare say I will get an opportunity to have another play some time and I will jump at the chance.
Lord,
Amen

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2013, 10:22:07 pm »
Hi Fuzzbom, if you've never ridden a sports bike, it is a bit of a shock. I rode a Ducati 998 once and as I reached down for the handlebars, it was just like falling off a bar stool. It was soooo low.

If you get over that feeling, the ZZR's a lot roomier than the Fazer in all ways except legroom, but a lot of guys on the ZZR forum fit footpeg lowering kits to solve that. The legroom doesn't bother me so much, but I hated that ultra low handlebar position so I fitted bar risers and I've now got exactly the same riding position as a VFR.

I'm 6.1 and 18.5 stone, as it happens. You know, proper bloke size, which is one of the reasons I like the Fazer so much. It's not a kiddy toy like the Blade/GSXR, but neither's the ZZR, and on long trips there's a lot more room to move around than the Fazer. The fairing is ludricrously low as standard, so I fitted a touring screen which makes it possible to cruise at 150 without ducking down. That was on the autobahns round the Nurburgring, and what a hoot that trip was!

Have you thought about the new breed of Adventure bikes. Sounds like the new KTM would suit you even better though. What an animal that is!

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 June 2013, 09:37:24 am »
Hi AyJay, All I was thinking was long term ownership. I would love a sports bike but if I opened the garage door to the busa  and the fazer I know I would probably go with the fazer most of the time.
Having had a taste of it I much prefer a more upright riding position. in truth I thought I would anyway.

I am as it happens in the market for a 2nd bike and I would rather a bit of a hooligan bike. Been looking at a Ducati S4 Monster recently. or always fancied one of the yamaha 660 single bikes like an XT I was even tempted with an old MZ Skorpion with the same engine.
Lord,
Amen

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2013, 09:56:07 am »
Yup. Like I said, I find myself reaching for the Fazer's keys more than the ZZR.

Talking of hooligan bikes, the most mental I've ridden was the Tuono V4, but again, it's a bit small for us large Marge types. Love the XT's though. The 660 Tenere is such a good looking bike. I'd love one.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 June 2013, 08:48:37 am »
Can pick up an SV650 for peanuts now..  :D
Looking on eay this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-SUZUKI-SV-650-SK1-BLUE-SV650S-SPORTS-V-TWIN-GREAT-BIKE-EXTRAS-YEARS-MOT-W-W-/290920732099?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item43bc3a15c3 right near me, went for naff all.

tempting..
Lord,
Amen

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15 June 2013, 04:34:12 pm »
Can pick up an SV650 for peanuts now..  :D
Looking on eay this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-SUZUKI-SV-650-SK1-BLUE-SV650S-SPORTS-V-TWIN-GREAT-BIKE-EXTRAS-YEARS-MOT-W-W-/290920732099?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item43bc3a15c3 right near me, went for naff all.

tempting..

Can't see why you'd want an SV after getting off a FZS 1000! IMO you'd be much better off with a hornet 600 (nice screamy engine) or a street trip, or possibly a supermoto if you want to really piss around!

rjd1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 June 2013, 05:15:00 pm »
i had an X reg full power Hayabusa was easily quickest bike i`ve owned
guy who previously owned it chucked a fortune at it
was tuned at tts and ype
lightweight wheels, wavy discs,titanium full exhaust list was endless

wife talked me into selling it
wish i`d kept it

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 June 2013, 12:01:33 am »
JoeRock don't worry I plan to keep the FZS1000.. Just want something a bit different and a smallish V-twin I think would be fun. i've ridden one before and they pull really well but run out of puff top end.
Some old shed to use to and from work. most of my mates have 600cc area bikes just be nice to get somehing simular.. I also don't want a 'screamy' engine. I already have an inline 4.

As for the busa it is way to serious of a machine for my needs.  :b
Lord,
Amen