Date: 25-04-24  Time: 02:03 am

Linked Events

• Bourton on the Water Meet 2013: 02 June 2013

Author Topic: Bourton on the Water Meet 2013 - ( now June 2nd )  (Read 17895 times)

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
Re: Bourton on the Water Meet 2013 - ( now June 2nd )
« Reply #75 on: 03 June 2013, 11:06:13 pm »
With all the pockets and compartments he's got on that thing, I was thinking of it more has Pepys handbag.
can see the pink well in the Pic now.
I definitely think Pepys riding a Pink Handbag.

Come on Pepy which compartment is the lipstick in ?  :pokefun

thecert

• About as funny as a
    wasp in your helmet.
  • GP Hero
  • Now on a new ride but still love the thou'
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph T120
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 03 June 2013, 11:31:54 pm »
Tim and Pete you crack me up the pair of you, it's just like the good old days with all the banter going on between you.
let's have some more.  :rollin
When the going get's tough the tough get going.

Pepy27

• FOC-U Profile Police
    Closet FZ6 Fancier
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Vespa 250GTV & Honda Deauv
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05 June 2013, 09:51:20 pm »
Raz, I'm in touch with my feminine side.

Bert, with a Vespa and a Deauville I fully expect to have the piss ripped out of me but you know me, I don't give a foc, I love my rides. Bring on the banter.  :lol
"Poofy" GTV250 Vespa 2007 & Honda Deauville 2008
RIP  Legend.  Marchride Aka Tim
« Reply #27 on: Today at 12:27:46 PM »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 05 June 2013, 10:45:05 pm »
Janet
Hi from a newcomer to the FOC.
You shouldn't have problems getting a tyre repaired unless the puncture is close to, or in the sidewall. You can have up to two PERMANENT tyre plugs done before having to throw a tyre. AA-type roadside repairs are only temporary however, and as they tend to open up the puncture too much to fit their plugs, then you DO have to bin the tyre afterwards. No one will want to repair a tyre that is close to, or beyond legal tread-depth limit, and certainly would not be advisable to do anyway.
Nick Crisp
Thanks for that Nick, but here's an excerpt from the Protyre website:

Repair to Motorcycle tyres can be carried out subject to certain limitations. A motorcycle that does not have a ‘W’ speed rating can have a repair carried out in the tread area of the tyre subject to the size of the puncture and any associated damage inside the tyre.

There is no British Standard for carrying out repairs to Motorcycle tyres with a ‘W’ speed rating and therefore most of these tyres cannot be repaired.

My dealers take the same view. They say that as there is no British Standard, insurance could be an issue if a repaired tyre were to let go. Much as it galls me to have to spend out £130, I'm not convinced that there's a viable alternative.

Hi Janet
I've worked in a number of bike shops since 1998 and they all did permanent repairs with no problems as long as the aforementioned guidelines were followed. I've had two permanent plugs in one tyre myself, rode the bike as normal (zr rated tyres) and had absolutely no problems. Maybe guidelines have changed since I last worked in such a place (about 4 years ago now), but if not, as long as the damage is not too severe, i.e, not if tyre is split, screw, nail or other debris goes in at an angle etc, you should be ok. I can however, understand the point of view of such companies as you are talking about - they're out to minimise their liability, fair enough. Anyone out there know the law on this (if any), or with further comment?
Damn, still haven't quite figured out using other people's posts as quotes to continue a thread... thick or what?! :\
Nick

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05 June 2013, 10:48:32 pm »
Oh, I did figure it out! How did that happen?