Date: 19-05-24  Time: 10:18 am

Author Topic: My Fazer renovation  (Read 2663 times)

jon49

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
My Fazer renovation
« on: 26 January 2012, 10:21:32 pm »
Hi guys, Im new to the Forum, I've had my 2000 FZS600 Fazer for around a year or so just having the occasional ride, its standard apart from an end can. It has been a Cat C right off in the past so i just repaired the seat panel and got it on the road. I'm just Starting to clean it up and gonna add some after market parts and pimp it up a bit so thought I'd do a topic and get your opinions as i go.
I have ordered some braided hoses and have some wavy discs in mind. Have also got all my service items including some iridium NGK plugs. Want to raise the rear end up and put a tail tidy on. There will be an overhaul of  the forks and there's some work to do with the bodywork as i have a dent in the tank and hole in the fairing then it will get a nice respray. I'll be using the bike to go to the Isle of Man in June so want it completing by then, If you have any comments or ideas please feel free to give me your input.  Thanks guys.

Jon Harrison
Have attached a couple of photos of the bike as i got it. Its gonna look a bit different in a couple of months.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: My Fazer renovation
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2012, 12:22:56 pm »
does't look like there's that much damage on it. you could just replace the tank and rear panel and leave it at that

thom_1991

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2012, 03:17:16 pm »
Check the front sprocket nut, see the other thread on here...

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2012, 04:49:37 pm »
Welcome to the site Jon. You have made a good start with Braided hoses and joining this forum. A good practical mod, if you are mainly viewing your shoulders in the mirrors, is to fit a pair of mirrors intended for the 2002-2003 Fazer 600. Good luck with your mods.

sjdfzs

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2012, 05:46:20 pm »
Powder coat the wheels a nice bright colour  ;)

If you find wavey discs at good price let us know, you think yours needs body work you should see mine  :lol it was a stunt bike in the making

sjdfzs

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2012, 06:00:34 pm »
 :)

jon49

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2012, 11:56:59 am »
Thanks for the info guys, Got some other parts on the way including a jack up kit, radiator guard and thought a new seat cover would set it off. Have decided to have a go at repairing the fuel tank myself and painting the body work as had a quote for it  :eek .
I have the bike in the workshop now and have put the plugs in. Will be getting the exhaust system off this week, hopefully wont snap any bolts in the process. Bit of heat should do the trick. Have decided on Gold for the wheels and Calipers.
Fazer looks cool as a stunt bike mate. Have got some moto x bars sat in the garage. Hmmm, the mind starts wandering.

Jon

« Last Edit: 29 January 2012, 12:00:56 pm by jon49 »

jon49

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2012, 07:54:00 pm »
have rubbed the engine back and primed it then a nice gloss to finish it off. Have done away with the standard headers and replaced with a motad system and put on a stainless rad guard. Will be installing the brake lines and a four point jack up kit next.
Cheers