Date: 28-04-24  Time: 13:57 pm

Author Topic: transfer Yamaha logo badge  (Read 1126 times)

mobile mouse

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
transfer Yamaha logo badge
« on: 16 March 2012, 02:39:51 pm »
Hi,

I am about to swap over a damaged fairing with a repaired item purchased on ebay.
I am at a quandary as to how to remove the tuning fork logo badge from the front and transplant it onto the new fairing intact.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

If it's cheaper to buy a new on then so be it but if I can transplant it.
Then it would save me a round trip to the dealer.

cheers,

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
Re: transfer Yamaha logo badge
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2012, 04:21:17 pm »
Is this what you're after?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5HVRE-30mm-RED-YAMAHA-EMBLEM-DECAL-TANK-PAD-SIDE-FRAME-COVER-RESIN-STICKER-LOGO-/170801156983?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item27c48ad377

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4C9-18mm-SILVER-YAMAHA-EMBLEM-LOGO-RESIN-STICKER-FRAME-COVER-TANK-PAD-HELMET-TTR-/170805356166?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item27c4cae686

If you're not too bothered about the old fairing you might be able to prise the old one off with a screwdriver. If all else fails there's plenty on ebay, I've never used the above sellers though. I've just ordered some vinyl badges from a UK seller, £1 for 4.
thou shalt not kick

BT

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - bmw 1150 gs
    • View Profile
Re: transfer Yamaha logo badge
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2012, 05:09:28 pm »
is it a solid badge.....if so gentle prising evenly all round with a craft knife or small screw driver should get it off. to replace use specific double side sticky rubber or just a few blobs of a two pack glue.

if its a transfer .... buy new ones they will not go back on...to remove transfer/vinyl decal heat gently with hot air gun/haidryer pick with craft knife at 1 corner as flat as possible peel back on itself warming as you go do not just pull up it will just tear and means longer job

to apply new decal clean area and dry totally use a bit of masking tape to hold it where you want it imagine tape as a hinge dampen area with soapy water lift decal and start to peel backing off half way start to position decal and smooth move down smothing with dry cloth damp will allow you to reposition and will evaporate away

Brian