Date: 25-05-24  Time: 01:00 am

Author Topic: Rad Hoses  (Read 83204 times)

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Rad Hoses
« Reply #125 on: 24 February 2013, 06:05:54 pm »
I would love to, but unfortunately I'm short of funds at the moment and the fazer has a long shopping list of mods. Hopefully by the time i can afford there will be some available.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Rad Hoses
« Reply #126 on: 24 February 2013, 06:33:57 pm »
Hi Panthor,

No worries buddy. It'll be a few weeks before we have to pay for them so if you'd be interested then you'd have time to save up a bit  8)

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 26 February 2013, 04:33:45 pm »
Had the bike out earlier for a bit of a check over & general jiggery pokery, took a swatch at the various hoses & these upgraded ones are gonna look the business,the semi naked nature of the fazer will really show them off unlike some other bikes where you might only see a smidgen of hose here & there, i really believe it will take off with others when they see them on.

Hope we can muster up a couple more candidates before the good,hot,scorchio weather comes. 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 26 February 2013, 05:51:30 pm »
Ye, me too buddy!

Got my message out in a few other places so just waiting to hear if anyone else is wanting in to the deal  8)

Chris

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 26 February 2013, 06:09:41 pm »
does this include the jubilee clips and in what material are the clips if it does
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 26 February 2013, 06:19:03 pm »
Hi Keith,

I'm not sure i'll find out and get back to you.

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 26 February 2013, 08:49:46 pm »
i had a mooch online to see if you could get coloured jubilee clips but to no avail,

it appears that because of the job they do they need to be made of steel but then it was a cursory search,perhaps the hose geezer can prove me wrong.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 26 February 2013, 09:41:46 pm »
ok so ive taken a look at the hose place's price list & taken a spread of 10 different kits ranging from 1 hose kits to 12 hose kits...
(not the most accurate method but i didnt want to get the average over his whole range as there's allot of bikes on the list) :z ...

there's obviously so much variation between each different bike but for arguments sake on the basis of these 10 the average price per hose (including vat) churns out at - £21.90 per hose.

given that this kit has 9 hoses then it would be safe to say that in theory the kit RRP could be as high as - £197.40. if you don't buy it now through this group buy.

the price we pay inluding vat is £100.00 plus postage is an excellent deal indeed.

« Last Edit: 26 February 2013, 10:26:45 pm by noggythenog »

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 26 February 2013, 09:58:54 pm »
The price I listed is the full price we will pay for each kit. I'm just waiting to hear back about if they supply clips or not. if not then you could reuse the clips holding your current pipes on or a few quid at any hardware store will get you a good assortment of marine quality stainless steel clips. As I say, just waiting to hear back from him.

swem

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - honda 400/4 supersport
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 26 February 2013, 10:09:28 pm »
 :eek JEEZZZ lads we are splitting hairs here     the hose kit is a steal at 108 squid i think  :b

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 26 February 2013, 10:15:51 pm »
:eek JEEZZZ lads we are splitting hairs here     the hose kit is a steal at 108 squid i think  :b

I totally agree buddy! As said before, once we get this original order done at this price then to buy it individually later will cost you quite a bit more  :(

The point I think Mr Noggy is making is that the average price of the pipes in this kit is about £11 instead of in most kits where the average price per hose is over £20... Am I correct Mr Nog?  8)  It certainly screams "good deal" to me  :D

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 26 February 2013, 10:23:32 pm »
i agree swem, sorry, my waffling wasnt entirely clear,ive modified it a bit.

But i'm willing to chat more shit about anythin, even more than usual,even hair splitting, in an attempt to keep this topic on the board, i feel like i'm working for QVC trying to sell a £2 travel clock & being on the air for 1 hour, there's only so much you can say about hoses, i'll need to resort to direct quotes from the website soon or perhaps alternative uses for non motorbikers.

come on, 2 more buyers,that's all we need & then everyone can be saved from my desperate bleeting :'(

« Last Edit: 26 February 2013, 10:27:30 pm by noggythenog »

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 26 February 2013, 10:32:01 pm »
 :lol  I love the spirit Mr Nog, Although,  Don't spam the thread too much or some people might miss the important info and just see the pep talk  :lol

The price/discount and the quality of the product speak for themselves. We'll get the kits one way or another. Just waiting to hear back from my posts on other forums so will hopefully get some interest that way, and another person or two from here, which will take us to the magic number (which in this case is ten)  8)

Chris

swem

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - honda 400/4 supersport
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 26 February 2013, 10:50:06 pm »
mr nog lad     nothing personal  intended towards u  dude just tryin  to get this sorted   

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 26 February 2013, 11:04:39 pm »

Nah i needed told man....i was getting outta control......im back in my corner now, in by the dogs, sharing their stinking, moth bitten blankets :( :( :( , eating chappie :b :b :b ...licking my balls!!! :b :lol

back to topic ******GROUP BUY - FZS600 SILICONE HOSES - £108.00 FOR SET OF 9 WATER HOSES******

******2 MORE BUYERS REQUIRED TO REACH 10 SETS******

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 27 February 2013, 03:47:24 pm »
Just another point to add is that anyone unsure of how to fit the pipes then please don't be put off the group buy. I'm sure one of our very helpfull members will make a video on how to do it. Alternativley the haynes manual will cover replacing the coolant and pipes and there is no diference to fitting oem parts when fitting these silicone hoses (Apart from the fact they'll look Awesome and last longer  ;) ) or at the end of the day if you'r not confident enough to do it yourself I'm sure a garage would do it for a small fee. Not a huge job so wouldn't cost you much. Coolant is often forgotten about by home servicers and even some garages can be a bit laxs about it so well worth getting it done!

Cheers,

Chris

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 28 February 2013, 12:29:50 am »
does this include the jubilee clips and in what material are the clips if it does

Hi Keith,

Just heard back from SFS, the price (£108 inc postage) doesn't include clips but he's going to send me a quote for kits including the the clips for those that want them.

Cheers,

Chris

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 28 February 2013, 12:52:05 am »
If anyone is near Chelmsford etc and would like a hand with fitting then let me know and I'll be happy to help :) Least I can do after my plans fell through... currently living off of supermarket own soup, baked beans and bread...

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 28 February 2013, 01:07:04 am »
Dead Eye, you are some kind of kindness hero and I hope that the karma picks up your luck soon mate  8)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 28 February 2013, 03:29:17 am »
Dead eye, not sounding too good geezer, but a man with a plan is always a man with another plan just round the corner.

plus, did you know that these hoses are also awsome as alternative soup sucking up devices

everyone's a winner in the great, grand,  group,  rad hose buy!!! :)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 28 February 2013, 06:56:31 am »

plus, did you know that these hoses are also awsome as alternative soup sucking up devices

That's an expensive 9 piece crazy straw but a damn fine one none the less! haha!

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 28 February 2013, 12:18:06 pm »
Yeah, ever since my previous Fazer burnt to the ground things haven't been going well... just lots of unexpected expenditures screwing up my financial plans. Buying the bike was my own damned fault though but I'm surviving just about :) Hopefully March will go better and I can start paying off my credit card instead of burdening it further :P

P.S didn't mean to hijack the thread haha

Buy these awesome kits people!

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 28 February 2013, 02:22:47 pm »
Right everyone!

The time is near and the order shall be placed very soon! I'm waiting to hear back the cost to add a set of clips to the orders and will be in touch with all those who have confirmed their orders so far to see if they want the clips or not and then the order will be placed!

I am going to be buying several kits to make up the numbers and these will be for sale as soon as I recieve them. I will however not be able to sell them on at the price I have bought them as I have some additional costs to cover. They'll still be cheaper than buying them direct from the manufacturer but not as cheap as joining the group buy! So if you want a kit then get your orders in to me NOW!

Cheers,

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 28 February 2013, 02:23:08 pm »
Hey hijacking the thread is my job!!!

Whatever you do deadeye don't have any bbq's this summer :b ,you should contact the x files-spontaneous fazer combustion mystery ;) ,it mighta happened for a reason,perhaps the front sprocket was about to fly off on your next high speed ride & it going on fire saved your bacon,or perhaps i'm tryin to make you feel better :( ,either way things happen for a reason & you'll soon be back on track man.

I do believe we are now go go go for these hoses.

More buyers welcome before the cut off to save mine & chris's wallets.

Any hose hunters after the cut off can contact chris or myself but they wont be quite so cheap cheap cheap

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 28 February 2013, 02:25:37 pm »
Right everyone!

The time is near and the order shall be placed very soon! I'm waiting to hear back the cost to add a set of clips to the orders and will be in touch with all those who have confirmed their orders so far to see if they want the clips or not and then the order will be placed!

I am going to be buying several kits to make up the numbers and these will be for sale as soon as I recieve them. I will however not be able to sell them on at the price I have bought them as I have some additional costs to cover. They'll still be cheaper than buying them direct from the manufacturer but not as cheap as joining the group buy! So if you want a kit then get your orders in to me NOW!

Cheers,

Chris

Sorry chris, always stepping on your toes mate!!! :D