Date: 28-04-24  Time: 07:36 am

Author Topic: heated gloves  (Read 1391 times)

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
heated gloves
« on: 03 March 2013, 05:19:21 pm »
my missus has bought me heated gloves, i dont want to wire them straight to the battery and have wires everywhere, could i fit a cigarette socket on the handlbars and just plug them in to that.?
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: heated gloves
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2013, 11:10:17 pm »
I'd have thought the only problem with that is fouling the controls.

They normally attach to the sleeve of the suit and then the suit plugs in to a jack.

Some of them do come with lithium ion battery packs, maybe that would be a better idea?
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2013, 11:34:23 pm »
Yes, but that would be a pain in the arse.  I have the lead trailing out under the seat, at the front.  That plugs into the controller which is at the bottom of the zip, inside my jacket.  The wires to the gloves are threaded down the sleeves of my jacket like those mittens on string you had when you were a kid.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2013, 12:50:50 am »
I ran the wire for my Gerbing heated gloves out the side of the frame just under the tank.

The plug has a "stopper" (to stop crud getting into it) on a length of plastic which goes nicely around the frame and keeps it secure when it's not in use.

philshaq

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2013, 05:51:28 am »
Well that's good of the missus!

I've used Keiss gloves and the vest all winter. Cable comes out by the front of the seat and plugs into the bottom of the jacket.

I then just tuck the controller under the bottom of my jacket and it doesn't ever get in the way.

Just need to make sure the cable runs around the outside of your leg, otherwise it will rub on the tank and scuff the paint.
...Oh Yeah!

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2013, 02:10:21 pm »
A socket on the handle bars? That'll be fine until you lift your hand to wipe your visor... A slack will just be crying out to get tangled in steering or caught on another vehicle as you filter.

With my Gerbings, I have the socket wire poking out from under the seat. Controller is cable tied to waist of jacket, then rest of wires going down sleeves. Glove plugs are tucked in by wrists, and I simply have to lean down a plug controller in by my left leg. Thus the only wire going 'everywhere' and on show, is 6" beneath my left leg.

Some heated glove can be run off a battery, but they're expensive and bulky to slot into your gloves.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2013, 06:56:05 pm »
cheers all some very valid points there, especially the one about wiping my visor, didnt think of that one :\  through the sleeves it is then.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)