Date: 28-04-24  Time: 12:17 pm

Author Topic: FZS600 clutch springs  (Read 487 times)

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
FZS600 clutch springs
« on: 10 August 2019, 06:48:48 pm »
Clearing out my bits box and found two sets of clutch springs. These are all used, but only briefly whilst I was trying to find a good combination of plates and springs that worked well without any slip or grab.

Set of 6 EBC heavy duty springs. Really heavy, will need a really strong left hand. I also found they caused terrible clutch grab when the engine is hot, unable to find neutral and bike creeping forward and needing a quick hand on kill switch.

Set of 6 genuine Yamaha springs, I bought new from Fowlers and used for about a month or two, much better, but I found they gave slight slight slip when pushing really hard.

In the end, I actually reverted to the original springs that came on the bike from new and were ancient by now, but which behaved much better!

Nonetheless, I don't want any money for them, happy to give to both sets to someone having clutch hassle who wants to experiment a bit. Pick up from Central London or Dagenham, East London. Otherwise, I can post them if you cover postage.