Date: 01-05-24  Time: 15:01 pm

Author Topic: Exhaust Gasket  (Read 3067 times)

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
Exhaust Gasket
« on: 17 January 2013, 07:49:15 pm »
Got my down pipes off today with no issues thankfully, they were worse than I first thought but have been welded up and I have prepped them ready for painting tomorrow. The guy who welded them said I may want to start saving for some stainless ones as where they join at the V joints and all around there is pretty ropey and very thin to weld. Apparently he has a mate that actually makes them and showed me a set he had made for his Harley which looked amazing. His mate wasn't there to give me a quote but could be interesting to find out for the future. Anyway I am unsure of which gasket I need to replace the one between the back of the down pipes and the end can, mine looked like it actually had a bit of both of these. Definitely had the gauze but also the silver one, do I need to buy both or just one for replacement? Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZS-600-FAZER-1999-2003-EXHAUST-REPAIR-GASKET-LIKE-GENUINE-3XW1471400-/370591199962?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5648f4f2da

http://www.yamahascooterspares.co.uk/spares/partImage.asp?GPN=Z8%5D%5C69%3C695555&uid=0

bandit

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust Gasket
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2013, 09:18:05 pm »
Hi, just the one required like this,

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/fzs_600_fazer_sp/00/picture/seal_-_downpipe_to_silencer_metal_fiber/

As for downpipes try MOTAD1 on ebay.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2013, 09:27:57 pm »
Ah ha, i've just played the welding down pipe game, what fun. I had patches welded over the 3 v's because mine were so bad. So that's maybe something to consider.
I just have the silvery gasket on mine and its the original thats just gets reused, because i swap my standard can with my micron one.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

bandit

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2013, 09:42:43 pm »
If they don't have the downpipes on the site give them a ring for a price if I.R.C they are about £135+£13 p+p, better than other aftermarket makes & have the balance pipes between 1&2 + 3&4 just carb balance after fitting.

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2013, 09:45:21 pm »
Cheers bandit, not sure what the gauze was all about on mine but it was in a right state anyway. Ah right yeah I remember you saying you were going to weld yours up skipper, how has it gone? Yeah I had one patch welded on mine but they still feel a bit thin in places and the guy said there is only so much he can do, his welds will hold but new holes may start appearing in time. I guess I will get stainless pipes in the future but for now I am happy painting these tomorrow and refitting them when this gasket arrives. I still have the standard end can at the moment but fancy upgrading that at some point too.

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2013, 09:50:21 pm »
Ah okay, is that for the venom ones? I was looking at them before and talked about them in another thread recently, I was told they make the bike lose mid range power by others on this forum who seem pretty in the know, although have been told a lot of conflicting info by mechanic friends and even those 2 guys that welded my exhaust up today. Honestly I don't push the bike hard that often anyway so doubt it will be that big of a deal when it comes to it and my standard ones are completely shot.

bandit

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2013, 10:15:30 pm »
I have not noticed lack of performance in the downpipes (Venom) & finish is good & are better than the Sandybike ones as have the balance pipes as said but you will need to defo carb balance, the Venom end cans are worth a look to,the guys are very good normally nextday delivery if you give them a call early in the morning.     

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2013, 08:27:25 pm »
As others have said , go for ones with the small balance pipes , otherwise low throttle responce is affected.
Although a KN filter will get you a bit back

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2013, 11:28:03 pm »
Yeah I hopefully wont have to replace them for a while anyway, just resprayed my old ones and they actually look pretty good (how long that will last I dont know), but yeah when it comes to replacing I will get them with the balance pipes and 4 into 2.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2013, 06:44:53 pm »
Welding all went well and seems sounds they knocked a lot of rust off, my yamaha stealer use them a lot.
After painting they look like new, if they last another couple of years then i'll get a stainless pair, but till then i'm happy.

Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!