Date: 28-05-24  Time: 08:57 am

Author Topic: Non starter.  (Read 1041 times)

mac1984

• CBT Wobbler
    • View Profile
Non starter.
« on: 21 August 2014, 05:58:00 pm »
Tried starting the fazer this morning and it just turned over,occasionally catching then cutting out. Tried all kinds of ways of starting......... And nothing. Gave up as battery was starting to struggle and wheeled it back in and took the car.
Came home this evening. Switched ignition on, fuel pump primed. Pumped throttle and it fired into life without I hint of a struggle!
So annoying! I had only taken the top yoke off recently to make up a bracket along with wrapping the rear fairing!

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: Non starter.
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2014, 09:13:47 pm »
So did you remove the ignition barrel when you removed the yoke. Smacks of an electrical fault to me fella.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

mac1984

• CBT Wobbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2014, 07:57:01 am »
Left the barrel in the top yoke. Checked the connections, all ok.
Maybe my fazer doesn't 6am cold morning starts! Aww bless!  :lol

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2014, 02:20:24 am »
How often is it happening now every time you start it or just that one time? When was the last time you did the basics like air filter, spark plugs, leads trim, oil, battery change, cleaned the carbs? Could be an intermittent electrical fault as Frosties says or it could be that it just needs a bit of tlc and the colder weather was enough to make it not want to start.

mac1984

• CBT Wobbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2014, 06:51:46 pm »
It was just that time, most odd. It's been serviced recently. It was more annoying at the time as I really wanted to ride it to work so I could fit my r6 rear suspension.