Date: 28-04-24  Time: 12:10 pm

Author Topic: fazer 1000 top speed  (Read 19908 times)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
Re: fazer 1000 top speed
« Reply #25 on: 25 February 2012, 10:56:30 am »
I've had mine at the 270kmh mark on the speedo Not even tickling the limiter. I don't know what this would be using GPS but expect to knock a few miles off. Aerodynamics does play a big part as does riders stature - size, weight and wind conditions. Those that are able to tuck in nicely will get better top end. Raised pegs will help as does Ivan's fitted by Master Mike. If you've got onepeice leathers or even better Kevlar- nice and light, all this helps. I was wearing one piece leathers at the time and the weather was right. Pipe was a Blue Flame.

I recently weighed all the regular bike gear that I'd usualy wear on my daily commute when adjusting the sag on my bike recently and was stagard to see how heavy it was. Not good for doing quick speeds. It's got pockets, flappy belt bits, not realy figure hugging. Chances are you're wearing day clothing under that - more weight. Now look at a nice set of leathers and an Arai on a summer day. The leathers probabley weigh about the same as the textile gear but you're only wearing top and pants under the leathers. The leathers will help you cut through the air better. As does a tow behind Kosmic

:lol
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 February 2012, 11:17:24 am »
However if you have it pegged in your flappy clothing and high in the rev range...another gear would help
The Frying Scotsman

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 February 2012, 01:40:01 pm »
Arguably the heavier bike may be more stable if set up right both will produce the required power but not neccessarily the ability or sufficient gears  to use it

The R1 has more peak power than the Fazer thou which is why (coupled with better aero) it can reach a higher top speed. If I remember correctly the gearing on an R1 and FZ1 are the same but it's the higher redline on the R1 that gets the higher speeds....think it pushes onto 15,000 rpm vs 12,000.

pilgrim

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 February 2012, 07:16:43 pm »
Had mine to an indicated 160 on The Slab which is a piece of road that does'nt actually exist and has nothing whatsoever to do with a certain stretch
of the M61 which just happens to have the same nickname, ok? :D
Thats with an Ivans slip on kit and a 14.5 stone bloke in full kit.And in that 6th gear thing :b
Thinking of going Full Monty soon, and why not? At the ripe young age of 47, I'm still chasing the rush, just do it!
Its better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 February 2012, 07:56:51 am »
R1 fairing and prone riding position = better aeros = higher top speed.....

GrahamB

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • FZ750 proboards forum
« Reply #30 on: 27 February 2012, 09:01:00 am »
Don't know what the true speed was, but i got an extra thrill out of the deserted road by closing my eyes and seeing how far I could count to on a full throttle in top.  Got up to 6 one time,  one thousand, two thousand,  then I'd open my eyes and see how far I'd deviated off my line :)   That was the ultimate adrenaline rush.  The ptsd insanity was bad in those days.  Wouldnt do it now.  Well, I don't think I'd do it now, as that apparently indicates not caring whether you live or die according to my therapist ha ha ha!!!!!
:rollin :rollin :rollin Cheers Mick you have made me feel "fairly" normal with that statement.  :lol I had my Fireblade flat out in top for a while & couldn't even bring myself to look at the speedo for long enough to focus on it!  :eek

Seen 155 a few times on the Fazer but not had it nailed for long enough to say it was flat out. I would expect to see 160 for sure when I do.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 February 2012, 04:03:17 pm »
Hi all, took it out on sunday, hit 150 before i backed off and as i think about it  i don't think i have nailed it long enough to achieve top speed. Have got it booked in for a dyno run on friday and am first on Mike's reserve list for the full monty in april. I will get on the dyno after to give me an accurate measure of the power gain. Which should be interesting. Will let you know the figures as i'm sure you are all as anal about those sort of things as i am. :eek

GrahamB

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • FZ750 proboards forum
« Reply #32 on: 27 February 2012, 04:25:22 pm »
Ha ha you said anal!  :lol :rolleyes

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 March 2012, 07:28:06 am »
I'm not bothered with top speed tbh , its grunt off the throttle which is more important for most of my  riding .This is where the full monty ivans really scores- midrange.That and acceleration up to around 140, which is the point at which most annoying cars get left behind ( the kids in hot hatch types)...
over that speed and in my book I let them get on with it, its just too fast for safety on most Uk roads these days.Plus I dont trust any other bike or car driver at such speed to have same skill as me and be able to handle such speed and apply suitable restraint when needed. My biggest fear is the following vehicle ploughs into me cos they have not seen a hazard and dont brake in time. I have followed hot cars at much lower speeds and seen them lose control on bends where they simply overcooked it  through lack of skill/ over enthusiasm , and any one in front would have been history.My favourite moment is following a 3.2 golf at about 100 , and watching him drift out of control sidewards into a roundabout ...and also a big audi  take  a local roundabout at about 80 with no chance of stopping for anyone slowing down ahead.To be fair the car made it but heaven help any feccer in the way .... TBH some of the more powerful cars are best left to their own devices especially if driven by young drivers ( very rich dads)...stereotypically they have no regard for anyone but themselves. Hence why if someone comes up behind me on the road  , these days I just let them get on with it .

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 March 2012, 08:34:44 am »
"these days I just let them get on with it ."

rather keep me licence

www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 March 2012, 06:32:34 pm »
Good points made there fellas and i do totally agree with your mind set.....most of the time, it's just every now and then  :evil  seems to get the better of me.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 March 2012, 04:42:45 pm »
Need to pick some brains, took my bike for a dyno run today and my thoughts were confirmed....98.8 bhp @ the rear wheel. Turns out it has the european restriction. Does anyone know how exactly it is restricted either carbs, cam, ecu or a combination of one or another ? Fair play to my local bike shop where i bought it who said if i can find out how it is restricted they will have it back in and sort it. Maybe an ivan's jet kit will make a difference but in my mind i feel i need to get it de-restricted first.  Any feed back will be welcome.

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02 March 2012, 04:49:07 pm »
Need to pick some brains, took my bike for a dyno run today and my thoughts were confirmed....98.8 bhp @ the rear wheel. Turns out it has the european restriction. Does anyone know how exactly it is restricted either carbs, cam, ecu or a combination of one or another ? Fair play to my local bike shop where i bought it who said if i can find out how it is restricted they will have it back in and sort it. Maybe an ivan's jet kit will make a difference but in my mind i feel i need to get it de-restricted first.  Any feed back will be welcome.

Hi Dazza
This would be best asked and answered in the thou corner  :thumbup
Good luck
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02 March 2012, 05:17:18 pm »
Thanks for that looney, I will post it on there. :)