Date: 17-05-24  Time: 14:32 pm

Author Topic: In bits  (Read 3717 times)

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
In bits
« on: 11 November 2013, 04:19:39 pm »
Yea I'v done it again, bike is in a million bits, frame has been sent of for powder coating, pics below, new bearings ordered for headstock, loom sent to be fixed,( oil light won't come on, some connections broke.)
Some other items now sent to be powder coated aswel, just trying to find somewhere to clean and shine exhaust Swingarm forks, engine top and top yoke.
New brake pads ordered, going to be removing rear shock from the spring and painting the shock itself( bit rusty) also new bearing needed for arm under the shock,( can't think of name).
New rear plactic under fender being sourced,( old one was broke by flying broken chain at 70+mph  :eek

New chain ordered
Oil+filter
Unsure about Swingarm bearing, not sure if they are bad or not, have few other things to do, just wondering what you guys think?

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: In bits
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2013, 04:46:23 pm »
frame looks nice matey ;) .....how much was powdercoat?

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2013, 05:27:14 pm »
Liking the look of this. Frame looks good

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2013, 05:27:21 pm »
New rear plactic under fender being sourced,( old one was broke by flying broken chain at 70+mph  :eek

If you mean the plastic/rubber flap that just pops into the subframe and hangs in front of rear shock I have one of those if you want it?

Happy to let you have it for cost of postage.
Feel the Fear and do it anyway!

Read about my Project Ruby Racer - FZS 600 Custom build Click this link > > > http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,10613.0.html

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2013, 05:45:22 pm »
I have  :faz envy  :b

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2013, 06:32:13 pm »

If you mean the plastic/rubber flap that just pops into the subframe and hangs in front of rear shock I have one of those if you want it?

No no the entire rear mudguard basically, from number plate to shock.

frame looks nice matey ;) .....how much was powdercoat?

100 euro, i forgot the small engine mount and tension bar for rear brake and he said no prob will do it with no extra cost.

The finish is smooth as fuck, smooth as glass

Will I look good with the black??

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2013, 06:38:41 pm »
YES!!...nice contrast that ;) ....good price too!!

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 November 2013, 08:06:02 pm »
Thanks, hope it goes well, first thing first, get headstock back in, any do's or dont's?

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2013, 08:12:02 pm »

No no the entire rear mudguard basically, from number plate to shock.

Well I have that too, but wont be selling for a few months yet sorry.
« Last Edit: 11 November 2013, 08:13:03 pm by Ruby Racing »

Read about my Project Ruby Racer - FZS 600 Custom build Click this link > > > http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,10613.0.html

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 November 2013, 09:05:34 pm »
Lol no problem. What you replacing it with?

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 December 2013, 09:54:44 am »
Just an update guys,
Frame was sprayed as you know, managed to get headstock bearings in without fucking it up! :eek imagine!
I just he'd a long threaded bar and a plate and the old bearing on top!

For the bearing to go down on the steering stem I battered it down with whit plastic pipe for under the sink, lol :lol
Redone the wiring because my oil light wouldn't work( now fixed).

Cleaned up forks and Swingarm( but I'm trying to get a mirror shine on it but just not happening, any suggestions?)

Haven't sourced the rear fender yet but will,
If I can get the forks and swing arms to like mirror like I might attack the cam cover

Oh, on closer inspection of the part that is bolted to the Swingarm, the bit that the bottom of the shock is bolted into, I noticed the roller bearing was knackerd so got that replaced-€60 though.
Was bit tight to put in but 2 delicate to batter it in, so greased it up and put it in the vice and tighter in slowly, job done

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 December 2013, 05:06:00 pm »
Just an observation about replacing bearings. I didn't think it advisable to grease the bearings to aid their fitment. I can understand it might make getting them in easier, however it's an interference fit and it's meant to be very snug so that the outer bearing doesn't move, only the inner. I've been taught to place the bearings in the freezer overnight so that they contract ever so slightly and then to heat up where the bearing is to be mounted so that it expands ever so slightly. That way it makes the job easier, although still a bit of a bastid!

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 December 2013, 08:23:31 pm »
I was thinking of going for a red frame on mine, but decided against it after I saw a photoshop of it. Will be interested to see how it comes out!  :)
The Deef's apprentice

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 December 2013, 09:47:10 pm »
Just an observation about replacing bearings. I didn't think it advisable to grease the bearings to aid their fitment. I can understand it might make getting them in easier, however it's an interference fit and it's meant to be very snug so that the outer bearing doesn't move, only the inner. I've been taught to place the bearings in the freezer overnight so that they contract ever so slightly and then to heat up where the bearing is to be mounted so that it expands ever so slightly. That way it makes the job easier, although still a bit of a bastid!

I did think about this and Ur right, but patience is a virtue and I lack it by times  :rollin so it was either grease it and squeeze it in or batter the bejasus  out of it haha,

I was thinking of going for a red frame on mine, but decided against it after I saw a photoshop of it. Will be interested to see how it comes out!  :)

Yea I think I got the idea from a picture you put up of this but I hope it turns out nicer than the photoshop photo, slightly darker red so fingers crossed
Here's it with forks on, I do have more done but haven't taken a photo yet

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 December 2013, 10:10:16 pm »

Yea I think I got the idea from a picture you put up of this but I hope it turns out nicer than the photoshop photo, slightly darker red so fingers crossed
Here's it with forks on, I do have more done but haven't taken a photo yet

He says, putting up a pic of a bike with a pink frame....  :rollin :rollin :rollin
The Deef's apprentice

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 14 December 2013, 12:23:12 am »
Lol, does look very pink in that pictures but it's the light and the flash, up close it's a lot darker than that, if it was like that in real life i would have sent it the fuck back  :rollin