Date: 17-05-24  Time: 17:27 pm

Author Topic: Tanks a million  (Read 1528 times)

Andy1970

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Tanks a million
« on: 27 October 2016, 08:18:37 pm »
In September, motorcyclespareparts.eu had a 10% discount sale, and as the fuel tank on my rolling-restoration Fazer is in a pretty sorry state, I decided this was a good time to splash out on a new one. I ordered it through their website, and in due course they confirmed that it had arrived and was on-route to me via DHL. It arrived a couple of weeks ago, but when I unpacked it I discovered that at some point on its journey from Athens (apparently) to me via Germany it had been dropped or hit and sustained a dent in the top right corner. Ar$e  :'( . I phoned MSP, and then emailed a couple of photos of the damage and they said, "No problem, send it back and we'll order you another one." So I sent it back (at their cost, naturally) and waited, although they'd already told me that there were no more available in Europe, so it'd have to come from Japan  :eek .

Unfortunately MSP have now informed me that there aren't any available in Japan either.

The fairly happy ending is that I've been able to negotiate a decent price for the damaged one with MSP, and they're now sending it back to me again.
So, kudos to MSP for doing their best to sort this out, and always being quick to respond. But  :finger  to the careless courier who managed to put a dent in what appears to be possibly the last brand-new FZS600 fuel tank on the planet .

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Tanks a million
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2016, 08:32:03 pm »
I bet you could have cried when you opened the package and saw that :'(

How disappointing that must have been :(

At least it's on it's way back at an appropriate price. Hope the repair goes OK.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2016, 09:44:30 pm »
Had almost exactly the same thing happen to me with a VF 750 FD petrol tank from David Silver Spares a few years ago - courier damaged the only good one David Silver had. My money was refunded instantly, but I never found the another new tank for decent money (got the original repaired).

Couriers.....😡

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2016, 11:57:28 pm »
Just hope the couriers don't damage it even more on its way back to you  :rolleyes

bikemad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2016, 11:10:53 am »
All about the packaging double box at the least.
I wrapped mine in carpet underlay then lots of cardboard all around to stop all but a nuclear bomb damaging it lol
Stuff everything I've always got my bike :)

Andy1970

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2016, 01:13:00 pm »
Just hope the couriers don't damage it even more on its way back to you  :rolleyes

Yeah, I was also kind of worried about that, but it arrived yesterday with just the one dent still, so it's now in the garage waiting for me to swap it over.