Date: 30-04-24  Time: 20:02 pm

Author Topic: ais removal kits?  (Read 145 times)

balti

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
ais removal kits?
« on: 12 April 2024, 08:41:42 pm »
Just doing some spring cleaning on the bike today and came to swap the plugs and was reminded what a ballache working around that monstrosity of an a.i.s system is. I hate it and would like to remove it for good. This is my second fazer thou, on the first one i pulled it out and ended up tapping the spigot's and plugging them with bolts, but doing the 2 outside cylinders was an ordeal as you can't get a tap holder into such a tight space; it took hours of turning a tap with a tiny spanner 1/8th of a turn at a time. I Have zero desire to do this ever again. l
Long story short does anyone know of any kits with the caps that go over the top of the spigot's that can be sourced in the uk, or anyone have a such a thing in their spare parts box they'd be willing to part ways with. The only proper kit i can find is the holeshot one which i'd like to avoid as it's a long 'ol trip from the states to yorkshire for the postman and i'm sure hmrc would be demanding some import taxes aswell...

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: ais removal kits?
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2024, 09:44:53 am »
Quick and cheap option - although not the most beautiful - is to cut the pipe on the original AIS fitting about 1 - 1.5" above the existing stub fitting then bend and crimp the short length of pipe.

Personally, I did the tap with small spanner thing, too, but didn't find it a PITA and it took less than 30 mins to do all 4 stubs. :)