Date: 01-05-24  Time: 04:36 am

Author Topic: foot pegs  (Read 1836 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
foot pegs
« on: 10 June 2015, 11:42:59 pm »
Anyone know of a way to lower the front foot rests. My peg grinding days are behind me now. I was hopinhg that if there was a lowering type kit or some other way to drop them a touch it may help ease the aches and pains on me old hips and knees.
The auld body has taken a battering over the years , arthurtis has taken hold now and riding the FZ1 is becoming very painful after a few miles. So it is find away to change the riding position or sadly look for something more comfortable to ride as I still love biking.
Cheers Lew
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2015, 07:03:38 am »
Nice big comfy cushion added to your seat is what you need Lew.  :thumbup
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2015, 08:20:42 am »
Would have to fit stabilisers as well then 29''inside leg  :'( :'( :'(

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2015, 09:19:23 am »
Lew i just dont think the Gen 2 is a comfy bike...it is a sportsbike really after all...id be interested in actually riding an R1 for a day just to compare asi dont think there'd be much in it comfort wise.

MT09

That being said....Devilsyam does lowering plates for the Gen2 & if you lowered the bike you could then get a cushion.

MT09

Ive only just tried my new "Airhawk cruiser r" seat cushion & to be perfectly honest i dont think it is for me personally....ok so it relieved any pain on the tail bone but when i was going fast into corners i was moving about on it as it is an unstable platform which for quick riding was a little unnerving...perhaps ive got it too much inflated.........i might sell it now & just accept that ill be in a bit of pain, so if you're interested i could do you a good deal.

MT09

But there's so many bikes out there & i dont know whether lowering plates & a cushion would quite cut it for you really.

MT09

MT09.     MT09.      MT09.    MT09
« Last Edit: 12 June 2015, 09:35:32 am by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2015, 11:50:04 am »
You really need to do something about your stuttering. ....were is red98 he's the stuttering expert.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 12 June 2015, 05:31:06 pm by Freck »

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2015, 11:26:41 pm »
Cheers Freck, I will contact them as the ones shown are rear pegs and the other pic is for a Honda.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2015, 11:33:55 pm »
Lew i just dont think the Gen 2 is a comfy bike...it is a sportsbike really after all...id be interested in actually riding an R1 for a day just to compare asi dont think there'd be much in it comfort wise.

MT09

That being said....Devilsyam does lowering plates for the Gen2 & if you lowered the bike you could then get a cushion.

MT09

Ive only just tried my new "Airhawk cruiser r" seat cushion & to be perfectly honest i dont think it is for me personally....ok so it relieved any pain on the tail bone but when i was going fast into corners i was moving about on it as it is an unstable platform which for quick riding was a little unnerving...perhaps ive got it too much inflated.........i might sell it now & just accept that ill be in a bit of pain, so if you're interested i could do you a good deal.

MT09

But there's so many bikes out there & i dont know whether lowering plates & a cushion would quite cut it for you really.

MT09

MT09.     MT09.      MT09.    MT09
Hi Noggy, before this past week or two I was comfy enough on the bike just I have been having problems off and on now for sometime. I have been spending a lot of time hanging of ladders painting the outside of my house.
Last year when I brought the bike down from Scotland to Spain I was in the saddle one day for 17 hours. I was a bit stiff getting off the bike but a good hot bath sorted that out.
I went to see a doc today and she reckons I have a ruptured MIdeate ligement so looks like the bike will stay in the garage for a few months. I have afew projects I need to do on it anyway, really is too hot to ride out here now during the day.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2015, 11:10:58 am »
Hope you get repaired soon Lew & then you can reevaluate things on the biking front, sometimes a little break can be a good thing but at your age i certainly wouldnt hold any sentiment to any particular bike as theres a bike out there for everyone....just finding it is the tricky bit.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2015, 12:02:08 pm »
Cheers Noggy, I suppose if the knees are shot I can always go down the Honda 1200 VFR DCT route. A mate has just bought a cracker, 2012 bike 1900 miles £7000. He is 73 , he got a mate of ours to ride it down from Ramsgate two weeks ago. He has the seat lowering kit and bar raisers on it. He let me have a run on it last week before my ligement popped, what a machine, heavy but beautifully balanced. Added advantage is I can flat foot that one.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 June 2015, 12:13:23 pm »
Exactly Lew....& even if the shit really did hit the fan theres always the Bergman mega scooter thingies...ok they look a bit gimpy but ive heard a few times about folk shifting along surprisingly well on them

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 June 2015, 11:13:05 pm »
Very true Noggy, I was sitting at the lights a few weeks back and as most scooter riders are, PIG ignorant!!! a lad pulls up along side me on a 650 Bergman thing, RED AMBER GREEN he vanished, took me ages to overhaul him and that was only because he was turning off, frigging quick lol.