Date: 21-05-24  Time: 21:47 pm

Author Topic: Supplier who got it wrong  (Read 1783 times)

Pal

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Supplier who got it wrong
« on: 08 June 2015, 09:38:00 pm »
Now, I'm still in dialogue with the supplier, and if get an apology I'll not name them, but they deal on Ebay, and when I ordered my parts, the ad said that delivery would be 'on or before Friday 22nd May , now they didn't turn up until Tuesday, (Monday being the bank holiday).
 When leaving feedback I posted a neutral, saying that the delivery was not on the expected date..

I got a message today asking me to change it (which you can't)
 When I replied saying that as the ad said delivery on Friday, that's what I expected.
 His response was to call me a liar and an imbecile.
 When I replied that his boss wouldn't want him talking to paying customers that way, he came back saying he WAS the boss.

I guess customer service is well and truly dead.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Supplier who got it wrong
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2015, 10:11:16 pm »
I'd foccin name them regardless of an apology,  how do they think it works? Unsatisfied customer? What will I do? Oh yeah, tell them I demand that they change their feedback as it might upset future customers?
Get a foccin grip with your customers in the first place and realise that nowadays they won't just tell their mates down the local pub etc, but they will use media and the word will spread a lot quicker :groan
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2015, 12:22:40 am »
Marking the supplier down for a delivery that was one working day late seems a bit harsh to me, it may have been the carrier at fault anyway. But agreed, his response was pretty stupid.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2015, 12:51:31 am »
 :agree
I would never give neutral for a late delivery as it is not always within the control of the supplier.
A bit harsh I think, even though his response was harsher  :lol than your neutral.  :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 09 June 2015, 01:06:33 am »
The "on or before Friday 22nd May" is something that eBay puts up, not the seller.

I sell goods by mail order and, just occasionally, there have been situations where I've not been able to dispatch an order on the day it's placed or even the day after, so giving the guy a Neutral because it was delayed over the Bank Holiday weekend is not necessarily fair on the seller unless you'd paid for Special Delivery guaranteed next day or similar.

However for the seller to then start chucking insults around is *not* the way to do proper customer service! A simple "very sorry, due to circumstances beyond our control..." or similar would have probably gone a long way to smoothing over the situation, but calling you a liar etc is guaranteed to piss you off and does his business no favours.

If you hadn't already left Feedback, I'd have considered suggesting leaving a Negative, just for his attitude!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 June 2015, 12:32:10 pm »
I've had some really good, and also really bad/no response or item, sellers on Ebay.
One thing i will always look for though is the quickest delivery, and if they deliver at the very least on, or better still before the time stated then there's a good chance i'll use them again in the future if applicable.
I ordered a tyre from the NW of Scotland at 5pm years ago, standard delivery, and it was at work when i got in the next morning, in NW London.
Things like that stick in your mind.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2015, 12:51:49 pm »
There was once a time on ebay when you could leave a neutral feedback and it was seen as just that -- netural , neither good or bad, you could even leave bad feedback without the fear of abusive emails from the seller. I just dont bother giving neutral or negative these days as its just not worth the hassle it causes, I really dont need the grief over a 1.99 tape measure
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Jamieg285

• Club Racer
  • What does this do?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 June 2015, 01:38:32 pm »
A lot of that is due to ebay's own policies, requiring business sellers to have very high ratings.  It's doesn't take too many bad feedbacks to put their account at risk.

All the more reason for them to help the customer out.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 June 2015, 04:26:51 pm »
All the more reason for them to help the customer out.
:agree
and I think that's the crux of the matter, lots of them think they're above the customer. :(
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)