Date: 22-05-24  Time: 12:18 pm

Author Topic: My Fazer project  (Read 1378 times)

bingo600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
My Fazer project
« on: 28 January 2018, 11:09:12 pm »

Hi Guys, I picked up a real nice Fazer last month, iv'e always liked them, i love the shape of the frame and tank and always thought they were ripe for some modification

Its not a big project Ive practically zero mechanical experience, so its just a wee short back and sides lol im out of work long term sickness so this passes some time :) 

im not convinced on the clip-ons.. i might go for renthals. Il see how it rides with clips ons to see how i like it.

plans are going fast, most of the parts are here and the engine casings, wheels and stantions are in for paint, both the seat and the parts, trimmed front guard, should be back to me on tuesday :)

next things to do, a design for the tank.. i think red would look awesome, all of the bike will be black, but i also love the look of bare metal tanks. RFID ignition to be fitted, find a muffler, rear hoop to be welded and just a little wiring and its ready to go...

Once its on the road il look at replacing the airbox, possibly a nicer shaped rear swingarm

heres some pictures, i only have a few, but i will take some more when i collect my painted parts over the next couple of days

this was the day i got it, i immediately gave it a diet.. picture in B&W just to see what it was like with grey tank

the seat chop..

I donr this after a week or so.. but its since been taken apart again to have parts painted

« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 11:12:17 pm by bingo600 »

bingo600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: My Fazer project
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2018, 06:59:19 pm »

Got some bits fitted today.. starting to take shape

Just a Faze im in

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2018, 08:00:38 pm »
Looks like some good work there!

To be honest though I don't like the clip on's.

Here's a pic of my bike with the taillight in the frame.  It looks good when complete and you'll love it.

bingo600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2018, 08:18:11 pm »

Yeah i think it would be a PITA to turn with clips-ons, the balance is off, not practical for city[/size]riding which is mostly what il be doing. the tank is so bulky and restrictive. Il try them on top of the yoke and if i still dont like it i can easy put renthals on.  I think it will look great either way.[size=78%]

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2018, 09:52:51 am »
i notice that your ignition is not in the factory posistion
can i ask where you have moved it too as i am looking at relocating mine to minimise the front end a bit
it gets in the way of the headlight etc which i might be changing again and i want to bring the speedo a bit closer aswell

--forget that i skim read and missed that you fitted RFID ignition (thats in my plans for later on)
« Last Edit: 30 January 2018, 10:55:05 am by Disorderlypunk »

bingo600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2018, 03:49:39 pm »
@disorderlypunk its not fitted yet but yeah thats the plan